CBR1100XX.org Forum

03 Bird

Thought I would see if there's any interest here before I start advertising it. My wife has been pressuring me for 2 yrs. to get a Wing(!!) which I have avoided so far. Now she has quit riding with me. Say's we are too old (56 is old??) for "sport" bikes! I figured she would come around but I don't think that is gonna happen. She's a keeper so..... Anyway, it's a 03. 21,600 miles, syn. oil always. 929RR shock, Race Tech Gold Valves F & R, Race Tech 1.0 KG springs, full system w/ CF can, Power Commander, K & N, Pilot Road 2's w/800 miles. Absolutely NO issues at all. Asking 5K, I think that's fair. I'm in FLA but I have a couple of trips coming up soon so I could possibly deliver to a point. Any questions, 850-944-6497

post-3474-1339960225.jpg

post-3474-1339960246.jpg

post-3474-1339960257.jpg

Thought I would see if there's any interest here before I start advertising it. My wife has been pressuring me for 2 yrs. to get a Wing(!!) which I have avoided so far. Now she has quit riding with me. Say's we are too old (56 is old??) for "sport" bikes! I figured she would come around but I don't think that is gonna happen. She's a keeper so..... Anyway, it's a 03. 21,600 miles, syn. oil always. 929RR shock, Race Tech Gold Valves F & R, Race Tech 1.0 KG springs, full system w/ CF can, Power Commander, K & N, Pilot Road 2's w/800 miles. Absolutely NO issues at all. Asking 5K, I think that's fair. I'm in FLA but I have a couple of trips coming up soon so I could possibly deliver to a point. Any questions, 850-944-6497

Do as many of us have done.

Keep the Bird and buy a Wing :icon_biggrin:

The RR has adjustable compression & rebound clickers plus a remote oil resevoir. You have to machine a spacer (basically just a 1" thick washer) for the spring to work,but other than that it's a drop in fit. I can't afford an Ohlins & this is a great mod for the budget minded.

Nice looking XX.

I put a lot of miles on my '04 Wing. Yes, it's a great bike but it's a far cry from an XX and it's missing a 6th gear (still 11yrs later!). XX's aren't worth squat. Keep it if you have room and get a Wing as its garage mate. I sold my Wing to get back an XX. But then again I don't tour or ride 2up ever.

The RR has adjustable compression & rebound clickers plus a remote oil resevoir. You have to machine a spacer (basically just a 1" thick washer) for the spring to work,but other than that it's a drop in fit. I can't afford an Ohlins & this is a great mod for the budget minded.

Wow. Never heard of this before. Not trying to hi-jack your for sale thread. So I'll make a post in the Garage. Would love to see pics or get more info.

Bump for a nice bike!

And...

I have one of these shocks, it is like new, if someone wants to buy it.

Bump for a nice bike!

And...

I have one of these shocks, it is like new, if someone wants to buy it.

I could be interested but want to see pics of the installed shock with 1 inch spacer for the spring to work.

• 1 month later...