CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tech question

jon haney

I've seen plenty of drag-bikes running without on-board charging systems and I hear that removing it will reveal some additional horses. Is it okay to just unplug from the R/R and completely remove the stator from the cover?

I can charge the battery between rounds, but I do run two classes back-to-back with the potential of 4 or 5 engine starts before being able to re-charge.

All thoughts and advice welcome.

P.S. If anybody has a dead stator, I would love to have it for the rubber plug where the wires come through the cover.

There should be enough juice for hot 4-5 restarts .

I don`t know anything about your set-up - specifically ecu and injectors in my mind - but the lag time of injectors is voltage dependent so if the correction is wrong ( let`s say stock ecu and non stock injectors ) the AFRs can change if the Volts fluctuate .

The other potential issue would be fuel pump , can it maintain correct pressure at reduced voltage ?

Personally I would not bother , we are talking about 2-3 hp on inertia dyno , less then that on steady load /rpm devices .

Other then that I don`t know shit about turbocharged engines , my English is usually tragic , feel free to disregard my opinion . :icon_biggrin:

BTW , I do have a dead stator .

Is it okay to just unplug from the R/R and completely remove the stator from the cover?

Yes. I'd suggest using a li-po battery like the Shorai.

That was my plan, Joe. If it's only good for a couple more HP, I doubt that I will do it. Was just wondering if anybody ever tried it.

There should be enough juice for hot 4-5 restarts .

I don`t know anything about your set-up - specifically ecu and injectors in my mind - but the lag time of injectors is voltage dependent so if the correction is wrong ( let`s say stock ecu and non stock injectors ) the AFRs can change if the Volts fluctuate .

The other potential issue would be fuel pump , can it maintain correct pressure at reduced voltage ?

Personally I would not bother , we are talking about 2-3 hp on inertia dyno , less then that on steady load /rpm devices .

+1

Also, You would need a bigger battery to sustain high voltage numbers.. which means more weight, which means less Hp.

Now... if you could find someone to Make you a Stator with one quarter of the amp output..... and run a lightweight battery.

Ping.... MikeSail.... he was working on this very same topic a year ago. He wanted to be able to regulate the charging, like a car. I don't know how far he got with it all.