CBR1100XX.org Forum

2003 Super Blackbird

Offered for sale is my 2003 Super Blackbird with about 11,400 miles. I bought it a few months ago from the original owner with about 10,450 miles. The bike needs nothing - it runs perfectly and I had all of the fluids (Amsoil 10/40 oil, Amsoil brakes & clutch fluid & Honda extened life Blue radiator fluid) changed at 10,490 miles in September 2011. Cosmetically it is in excellent condition except for a few tiny stone nicks on the front fender; contact me for more pics. The price is $5,750 (lowered from $7000). Here are a list of the extras/modifications:

Custom Painted (based on 2007 VFR special edition with HRC colors)

Ti-Force titanium full exhaust

Manic Salamander throttle lock & Grip Puppies

Givi windscreen

Buell foot pegs, which are lower than stock

Mototech LED tail

Power Commander III & dyno tuned on Premium gas (PAIR system removed)

LSL bars for a more upright riding position; Formotion thermometer & mounting bracket included

Corbin Smuggler seat

Clear Alternative front turn signal lenses

Stainless braided Brake & Clutch lines

K&N air filter (serviced when fluids changed)

D&D chain in perfect condition

White wheel tape

Battery trickle charger/tender

Recent battery (installed just before I bought it)

New Michelin Pilot Road II rear tire installed about 500 miles ago

Also included are 2 almost new outdoor covers and 1 interior dust cover, 3 unopened gallons of Amsoil 10/40 synthetic oil, 1 gallon of Honda coolant, 1 pint of Amsoil DOT 4 brake fluid, and a new Michelin Pilot Road II front tire (not yet needed). If the buyer is interested I will include a size large HJC carbon helmet, a size large leather jacket with a CBRXX patch on the back, and a pair of deeskin gauntlet gloves, which are all in excellent condition.

I never thought I would sell it so soon (I sold a 2002 Blackbird to buy this one) but a worsening medical problem is making it more difficult to ride and enjoy. The bike is garaged/covered on the battery tender at my home in Palm Coast FL. Feel free to send me a PM if you have questions or want pics of anything specific. Thanks...Bob Z.

post-33934-1324918383.jpg

post-33934-1324918393.jpg

post-33934-1324918401.jpg

post-33934-1324918409.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Me too...I think someone who frequents the board will appreciate it!

By the way, I found a box in my garage with a brand new DID chain and new front & sprockets that I will include with the bike; the ones on the bike now are perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Several people have asked about the price so to save time and to let everyone know where I am at I would like to get $6500, which I think is more than fair considering that it is a unique, low mileage Bird that runs perfectly and needs nothing.

I thought I had it sold for about $6250 but the person bought an older/less expensive Bird so since I am moving into a condo in early March I will entertain offers around that price to make it easier for me. I may be biased but this is a great Bird for a great price - it would cost thousands more to duplicate.

I had a person offer me $6k for the bike and I declined, and he bought another Bird, which in hindsight was probably not smart on my part....$250 is not alot. So, I have decided to advertise it now for $6k firm - based on other Birds that are for sale this is a great price for a unique Bird with a lot of extras.

Almost forgot: I will include a size large HJC carbon fiber full face helmet, a size large leather jacket with a CBRXX patch on the back, and few pairs of gloves for different seasons; all are in excellent condition.

The high bidder contacted me and offered me $3200 cash...what a joke! A couple other bidders also contacted me but none have made offers thus far. But I was thinking the same thing about waiting a month or so - when the weather breaks more people may be looking for a unique Bird!

If your in no need to sell it right away, I would definately hold out. Warmer weather is coming and people will be getting possible tax returns, etc. I would hold out for another 30 days. Just my .02 cents. Good luck.

Beautiful bike, I cannot stop thinking about it since I saw it a couple of weeks ago.....

Thanks, and it actually looks nicer in person...the low-res pics do not do it justice - I think that once someone sees it in person they will be buy it.

• 2 weeks later...