CBR1100XX.org Forum

FOR SALE: 1997 CBR1100XX -- $500

I have a few XX's floating around here (I'm hilarious, I know). This 1997 was running but had carb issues before it was entirely submerged in river water. You'll be taking the carbs apart anyway. Its had the water drained from the crankcase and replaced with oil, and theplugs pulled, sprayed with wd40 and turned over. It had previously been made into a streetfighter so no side fairings and the upper fairing trimmed. Non-XX headlight.

Flooded bikes can be saved if you get to them without undue delay. Here is a nice winter project or a way to save some $ on an interesting XX.

1997 /$500 /clear title /100,000 miles/ as is/ location northeast PA.

Contact me thru the forum or ixxion plus the last two digits of the bike year at yahoo.

post-4340-1317244176.jpg

Thanks, Hank. I neglected to put that in. I also neglected to mention that the tank has been drained as well.

Thanks for the interest, guys. Time is an issue here....the longer it sets, the rougher it gets. I'd love to get it spinning over and cleaned up for you but that's the essence of it....there simply isn't enough time. Winter is approaching as well which doesn't help the recovery effort.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a few XX's floating around here (I'm hilarious, I know). This 1997 was running but had carb issues before it was entirely submerged in river water. You'll be taking the carbs apart anyway. Its had the water drained from the crankcase and replaced with oil, and theplugs pulled, sprayed with wd40 and turned over. It had previously been made into a streetfighter so no side fairings and the upper fairing trimmed. Non-XX headlight.

Flooded bikes can be saved if you get to them without undue delay. Here is a nice winter project or a way to save some $ on an interesting XX.

1997 /$500 /clear title /100,000 miles/ as is/ location northeast PA.

Contact me thru the forum or ixxion plus the last two digits of the bike year at yahoo.

post-4340-1317244176.jpg

Damn Joe!!! I got a guy in Greece who keeps saying that he's gonna buy a bunch of Z1000 parts from me - I'd buy it in a sec if I had the cash.

Anyone want a like new head, cylinders, pistons, new rings, new gaskets, throttle bodies, injectors, and a new clutch for a Z1000? $500 to Joe, shipping costs to me gets them... Well over $1k in parts. :icon_pray:

Damn, if there were even a half reasonable way to get that to Austin, TX then I'd be all over it. My current '99 VFR800 was almost completely under water after hurricane Katrina and now it runs like a champ!