CBR1100XX.org Forum

OOOWEEEEE

everydayrider99

So, after all my worrying, bitching, moaning, and over reacting, the new FPR finally came yesterday.

- Installed the FPR,

- Changed the oil(there was a whole extra liter of fuel in the crankcase when draining, let it drip for a half hour, the oil was BLACK, mind you it was clean 125 miles prior to)

- New oil filter

- Added half a can of seafoam to a full tank of new fuel, and added a couple ounces to the crank case also.

- Bled the clutch line.

- Rode 170 miles, refilled the tank, and added another half can of seafoam

About 350 miles in the 24 hours after the FPR install, the bike spins like a fucking top. I checked the oil and its still clean. I now understand the hype behind the blackbird. Bike was butter at 130 MPH (140 indicated). I plan to change out the oil again in 500 miles just to be safe.

Next purchase, new set of tires to replace the original, yes.. original dry rotted tires. Surprisingly enough they are holding together well, but they did break loose a couple times on hard launches, hard as a rock. I know everyone has different opinions on tires so I won't even ask for suggestions on new ones.

What octane does everyone run? There was no notable difference between 87 and 91. So I will stick to the cheaper unless it is ill advised.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for helping out with the Newb questions.

If anyone from SoCal wants to hit up the Ortega Highway this weekend, let me know.

***Also, added 3/4 can of seafoam to my magna that has been having carb problems lately. It cleaned that right up, no more bogging below 5k. Love the stuff.

To sum things up, Fuck Yes. Selling the VFR(maybe). And thanks again for the help.

Next purchase complete, can't stand the thought of laying it on coming out of a turn and sliding out the back end. Just ordered the Shinko Ravens on Ebay for 175.95 with free shipping. From all of the reviews I have read, hopefully I will be satisfied.

Good choice on tires from everything I have read also.

It is such a great feeling to have your bike running like it is supposed to. Now you see why everyone is yelling for Honda to keep up with the pack. If they could update a bike that was that great 10 years ago.

Hope you were not wearing shorts too.

I'm glad to hear that you are back on the road.

Now check that chain, and change the rest of the fluids. Use the important threads section for bleeding the brakes.

She will be good for 5 or 6 k miles before you need new tires again.

Enjoy

I was definitely geared up for that one. No shorts. Although when I took it around the block before my first oil change, I was a complete hippie douche wearing flip flops.

Brake bleed... check. Interesting process.

Chain, surprisingly enough looks good, and feels good.

The only thing I might complain about are the pipes. They are too loud for me. Vance & Hines SS2R's carbon fiber, do these originally come with baffles? If so, I may need to obtain them somehow. The girlfriend said she could me hear coming home on the toll road on my way home from work(about 1/4 mile or more from the apartment) and was waiting with a beer for me at the garage... hahaha no bueno. I don't need the fuzz looking at me more than they already do, or the neighbors bitching, sucks to live in an apartment.

Nice work on the FPR. My last XX was a 2001 which needed an FPR. Seems the low mileage birds need them the most from sitting too long. I did the Turbo City FPR, but in hindsight it may have been overkill.