CBR1100XX.org Forum

Best tire air pump to keep in garage?

BarryG

Not concerned about portablity. Just wondering what guys are using or the best tire pump for the garage? Preferably something that I can plug in. Been using manual bicycle pumps which usually break after a year.

Thanks.

Funny, I thought I was the only one who used a bicycle pump. But the one I have is a good one and has not failed me in the 3+ years I've had it. And my triceps are huge.

LOL...yeah it does give you a good workout.

But I think the Craftsman is the ticket. Or a similar Black and Decker one they have at ACE hardware.

Thanks.

Funny, I thought I was the only one who used a bicycle pump. But the one I have is a good one and has not failed me in the 3+ years I've had it. And my triceps are huge.

LOL...yeah it does give you a good workout.

But I think the Craftsman is the ticket. Or a similar Black and Decker one they have at ACE hardware.

Thanks.

Pretty disposable but they just never break.

I tried several of the small units and all failed. One overheated and shut down before reaching 40#.

I gave up and bought a vertical tank type I think 25 gallon Campbell Hausfeld.

It works great and doesn't take up much floor space. Noisy.

Once you have an air compressor, you'll find all kinds of new tools, just be careful of CFPM.

I also have one of the pancake types that lives in the motor home, and it works great too.

100#, no problem.