CBR1100XX.org Forum

Nice looking adjustable bars

jon haney

I have a 50mm set for my ZX front end swap. Basic construction is sound, they are uber-adjustable. Finish is not good. There are several little nicks and scrapes on the bars and the clamps have burrs that would definitely scratch the forks if you didn't clean them up first. If you don't mind spending some quality time with a Dremel then go for it . . . I don't think any other bars are as adjustable as these. One thing to note is that the bars are solid aluminum, not tubular. If you have heated grips you'll need to insulate the left side. I'm still not sure how I'm going to mount my bar end signal lights. Sliding them into the bars and running the wiring inside the tube is not an option anymore.

Also, I'm not sure how you got that shipping price; mine cost $28 to ship to Canada and I get $30 when I put Kansas in the estimator.

Okay, I see what you did: it says "$69.00 for one" so you put 2 in the cart. In Danmoto engrish, one = one pair, one set, etc. Yes, these clipons are sixty nine bucks a PAIR. You can see why the poor finish didn't bother me overly much. Helibars aren't adjustable, look like they were made in a grade 9 shop class, and cost what, $300? I can live with some touch up work on my Danmotos.

They won't be much higher than the stock XX bars -- the stockers have a pretty good rise built in. That's why I got the Danmotos to go with the ZX front end . . . most 50mm forks are on supersports and most 50mm clipons are low and raked downward. Look for something with enough rise to match the stock bars and except for Danmoto, Woodcraft is about the cheapest . . . and that's not very cheap.

Thanks for the replies. Already have VFR bars, but the adjustability might make for a more comfortable position. I'm actually looking at buying a 41mm set for my SV650S. I posted here because people on here seem to be more picky about their equipment than most of the SVRider.com guys. RedEye, you did not disappoint. Thank you for the extra details.

One more question: If they are solid aluminum, are the ends threaded for weights or do you have to drill and tap your own?

The ends are solid and rounded, no provision for weights.

Hmmmmm, might not be a problem, but if the vibration is a lot more I'll just flatten the ends and drill and tap. Thanks again.