CBR1100XX.org Forum

Concours 14 Clutch Problems

JB4XX

Time line...

Bike sat for nearly 10 months.

Installed chinese fake pazzo levers over winter.

Rode bike this spring, clutch was slipping bad. Realized plunger was not in brass fitting causing clutch to not fully engage. Fixed it for ride home and felt fine.

Clutch was slipping at Rednexxt, not very bad at times, real bad at times.

Took clutch cover off, inspected plates and steels and no discoloration or damage.

Ozarxx, clutch was slipping, stopped for lunch, left lunch and clutch felt good for maybe 10 miles...then was slipping bad!! Could not maintain speed up hills.

Replaced the clutch master cylinder and no change in condition. In 1st gear on center stand, pull the clutch in and you can not turn rear wheel???

About ready to change out slave cylinder, and install new plates and springs!!!

I would put the stock clutch lever back on and see if there is any change. That way you can determine whether it is the fake Pazzo that is contributing to the problem.

Also, did you happen to change your oil an use something with anti-friction additives by mistake? The bottle would be marked somewhere as "Energy Conserving" ?

I would put the stock clutch lever back on and see if there is any change. That way you can determine whether it is the fake Pazzo that is contributing to the problem.

Also, did you happen to change your oil an use something with anti-friction additives by mistake? The bottle would be marked somewhere as "Energy Conserving" ?

My thoughts too. Knew someone whose Goldwing did the same thing with the new Mobil1