CBR1100XX.org Forum

Lost key

NoOne65

I lost my key and I dont have a spare. The wheel is locked and its very hard to get the ignition off. My question is: If I remove the gas cap and take it to the locksmith to have them make a key, would the key work in the ignition?

Ship me the bike, Ill get ya a key. Course gna cost ya the bike to pay me. Seriously, let me know if the seat lock is the same key, sounds like a hella try. A girlfriend of mine, called a locksmith to the house, he used a scope on the cylinder, went in the truck and came out with 3 working keys. Cost her $100 if i recall correctly.

Honda dealer may be able to cut one, I think they are numbered. Prob just need your VIN, and hopefully they can look it up from that. I would ask there first before tearing into anything.

You can remove the tail section, and gain access for the cable and latch for your seat. Remove seat to make things easier to work on removing your seat lock.

I had to do this once when I accidently locked my key under the seat. Thankfully a buddy had his bike there and just used his tools to do this.

I lost my key and I dont have a spare. The wheel is locked and its very hard to get the ignition off. My question is: If I remove the gas cap and take it to the locksmith to have them make a key, would the key work in the ignition?

trying to get the ignition off wili involve removing the front cowl the screws are the anti tamper type, they are easy to get in and a pain in the ass to get out. I think I ended up using a mole grip, which had me taking off the dashboard and front cowl.

The tail is much easier to get at go that route. good luck

Honda dealer may be able to cut one, I think they are numbered. Prob just need your VIN, and hopefully they can look it up from that. I would ask there first before tearing into anything.

No.You cannot get a key code from a vin.The original dealer that sold it may have recorded the code,so if that's possible go that route.

Otherwise remove the seat lock as mentioned,which is a pain but slightly less of one than the ignition.

And then get it to a locksmith that does bike keys.And get 2 made.

The original question is still a valid one. It's possible the gas and seat locks are simpler versions that don't utilize all the tumblers (and thus the notches on the key) that the ignition does.

Does anyone know for sure?

The original question is still a valid one. It's possible the gas and seat locks are simpler versions that don't utilize all the tumblers (and thus the notches on the key) that the ignition does.

Does anyone know for sure?

That is the case with Yamaha , do I need to elaborate how I`ve learned about it ?

According to the Honda Part numbers they are all the same number of tumblers.

At least according to my buddy at Honda Directline.

Strange cause the only way I remember being able to order Honda locks for a specific model was in a complete set of three locks with two keys to the tune of about $300.00 !!!!!

As said, remove the tail and get at the seat lock and get it to a locksmith with Motorcycle lock experience.

get at least two made.

trying to get the ignition off will involve removing the front cowl the screws are the anti tamper type, they are easy to get in and a pain in the ass to get out. I think I ended up using a mole grip, which had me taking off the dashboard and front cowl.

The tail is much easier to get at go that route. good luck

if you took the handle bars off why you can't just lift out the top of the triple tree. Still probably easier to go thru the tail.

if you took the handle bars off why you can't just lift out the top of the triple tree. Still probably easier to go thru the tail.

He's got the steering lock engaged, there's a heavy pin that locks the ignition and triple to the frame. Though it might work if you dropped the fork tubes from below to free the upper triple.