CBR1100XX.org Forum

new motor w/ slip on's?

K-TOOL

Turns out that they are doing an entire rebuild on my engine. I dont have a complete list but heres a list of new parts that I know of, case, pistons, valves, ports?, springs, bearings, crank, all new seals and a bunch of other things I cant remember. I asked why they didnt just drop a whole new motor in and Honda said that they dont have complete motors just sittin around.

My question is this, since basically this is going to be a new motor, should I reinstall the stock exhaust until the engine is properly broken in? I have the Erion slip ons on there now and was wondering if they would take away to much of the backpressure thereby not allowing the seals to seat.

Thoughts and opinions.........?

Thanks

Sorry, don't have an answer for you, But congrats getting them to finally rebuild the motor.

How much longer before you get the bike back?

Not soon enough! I think I'm gonna need training wheels. They already received most of the parts. At the end of last week they said that they should be getting the case in either Mon or Tues and then they had to cross reference that w/ a crank. Then when the crank arrives it will be ready to reassemble. Like I said, not soon enough.

Slip-ons won't make a difference to the engine.

If you have a PCII, just make sure you have a good map in it, and not one that overfuels too much till the rings break in. You'll actually be better running slightly lean, than too rich for the first 1000 or so.

I have the Erion slip ons on there now and was wondering if they would take away to much of the backpressure thereby not allowing the seals to seat.

Yes, do not use the Erions. Send them to me and I will send you the stock cans. Anything to help you out. :grin: :lol: