CBR1100XX.org Forum

2003 CBR1100XX w/Akra 4-2-1

For sale (I think). This is a Canadian bike, currently stored for the winter at a Honda dealer in Montreal, Quebec. I do need some advice, however, as to what you guys think the bike is worth.

2003 CBR1100XX (Black)

Akra 4-2-1

PCM III w/custom map (done at Picotte Performance)

VFR bar mod

11K kilometers (approx 7000 miles) true odometer miles.

Overall, in excellent condition and mostly original everything (incl. tires). I bought it from a Honda dealer in 2005, with 2000km on it (was the owner's). Never been dropped, never had any mechanical issues, full service history available, only used Honda synthetic, etc. I am one those meticulous OCD-types who likes his toys in top shape.

I moved from Montreal to NJ back in 2008 - and been riding it only 3-5 times/year since then. Wasn't sure if my wife and I were staying in the US, but it appears now that we are. So instead of paying a registered importer to bring it down with me, I think I'm going to move on to my next sport-tourer. And since I now live in the US, it might as well be a US-spec bike.

Price? The dealer who is storing it is offering me $3900, and is willing to write off the $200 I would still owe them for storage. Good? Bad? I'm not looking to get the absolute maximum price - just whatever the market says is fair. It will make someone a very happy customer regardless.

What do you think?

post-4036-1300469759.jpg post-4036-1300470649.jpg

OOPS - EDIT: full disclosure on the pics - the first is a couple of years old, but was only approx 1000 miles ago. The second pic was from a trip to PA last summer. Anyone interested, I'll have new pics taken from storage.

he is offering too little for it

for 4200 I would take it right away.

no question.

you probably should put it upon kijiji or lespac, or bring it to nj

if you need some help let me know.

it looks like a beautiful bike

Elliott from Montreal.

Take a little time and find some interest in it. Get it out on the forums and Cycletrader. The right buyer looking for a clean low mileage XX would pay 5-6k.

A little less than a year ago I purchased an 03 with 7K miles, showroom condition stock for $6500. I probably overpaid, but after 2 months of looking I was getting tired, and didn't mind paying a little extra. I also had to trailer it home, a 1500 mile round trip.

Your bike looks very nice, and it sounds like you're not in a hurry to unload it, so I wouldn't let the dealer pad his pocket.

Take a little time and find some interest in it. Get it out on the forums and Cycletrader. The right buyer looking for a clean low mileage XX would pay 5-6k.

A little less than a year ago I purchased an 03 with 7K miles, showroom condition stock for $6500. I probably overpaid, but after 2 months of looking I was getting tired, and didn't mind paying a little extra. I also had to trailer it home, a 1500 mile round trip.

Your bike looks very nice, and it sounds like you're not in a hurry to unload it, so I wouldn't let the dealer pad his pocket.

Yeah, and if gas hits $5 it'll be money in the bank.

Thanks, all for your input.

I'm going to put the bike for sale online in a few places for $5500-$6000, and see what happens. But I'll accept an offer from a forum member for $5200 or somewhere reasonably around there. Let me know if you're interested! US buyers beware the whole importation thing - there's probably some additional costs for a registered importer, etc.

I'm going to try and arrange to have new pics taken. Problem is, I'm gonna be in Stockholm, Budapest and Kiev over the next few weeks for work, and will end up in Montreal between April 16-20. It will be taken out of storage then. If you're around, send me a PM!