CBR1100XX.org Forum

2006 ZX-14 w/Givi hard bags *SOLD*

2006 Kawasaki ZX-14, 19,531 miles. It's not perfect, but the price is good.

The good-

1) Speigler braided clutch and brake lines, black w/red fittings

2) Two Brothers C5 slip-on. Mid pipes ceramic coated black, emblems removed and

gold anodized end caps blacked out.

3) Secondary butterflies removed (I've still got them if you'd like to put them back)

4) PCIII USB, no custom map, just standard "flies out, slip-ons" map from Dynojet's

website

5) Rims powder coated satin black (none of that ugly OEM brown crap)

6) SW Motech quick release side racks for Givi Monokey cases. These will work with any Monokey mount cases

7) Set of Givi E21 side cases, well used and a little rough, but fully functional.

8) Throttlemeister bar ends, black, heavy.

9) Fork lowers enamaled black (again, getting rid of that Kawi brown shit)

10) Various bits powder coated black, including heel guards and pegs, rear master

cylinder and a few other things I can't remember right now.

11) Corbin saddle, custom made 3/4" higher than stock (rather than the standard 3/4"

lower) for more leg room.

12) Laminar LIP, touring model, clear. This is nice, easy on and off and raises the

wind a good 4-5"

13) Black anodized bolt kit on motor, fairings, and windscreen. Red anodized

adjuster blocks and gas cap bolts.

14) Rear tire is a relatively new Pilot Road 2CT.

15) Chain is about done but will be replaced before sale.

The bad-

1) Front tire is a Pilot Power begining to show very early signs of cupping. Plenty of miles/tread left, but you'll probably want to take it off before the tread is anywhere near gone- I've found a cupped front tire adversely affects handling on this bike more than any I've owned.

2) The bike rolled off the kickstand in a parking lot. Result was a scuffed lower and

mid fairing and a pretty good scuff on the bottom of the mirror. Mid fairing was

replaced with new OEM, lower fairing was left as it's not a painted piece in the '06

and the damage was quite minor. Left mirror still bears the scar but it's barely visible

unless you look at it from underneath.

3) The paint on the front endcaps of the cans is chipped from my boots rubbing

on them. They lasted several thousand miles before this started happening and I plan on pulling them off and repainting them before the sale just because it bugs me, but it will eventually happen again, especially if you've got big feet.

4) The front brakes are pulsing a bit and one or both of the rotors are likely warped. Brakes function fine, but there's a definite pulse to them. I plan on looking into this to see exactly how bad they are. Will's Rim Repair can straighten rotors for $10-$15 a pop.

5) There's a 1-1/2" crease on the left side of the fuel tank right where your inner thigh would be. Some garage incident, a kids bike fell into it or something- I've repressed it. The paint is not chipped.

large.jpg

Scraped lower-

111391588.jpg

Mirror-

111391587.jpg

Can-131819930.jpg

dash-

131819932.jpg

tank-

131819931.jpg

I can deliver anywhere between Chicago and Jennings, FL the first week of March. Bringing it to Jennings is also obviously an option.

Pics with the bags would probably help, eh?

large.jpg

131825253.jpg

131825252.jpg

The racks are quick release, takes literally less than a minute to remove them and then the bike looks as it does in the first post.

Dunno, maybe something slower/more comfortable down the road somewhere. My desire for a fast/badass street bike is pretty much done- can't use the thing anywhere near it's potential without risking my life, license or both.

So I just find myself not riding that much anymore. 5k in two years is pathetic.

Yeah, I know, I'm a pussy.

Dunno, maybe something slower/more comfortable down the road somewhere. My desire for a fast/badass street bike is pretty much done- can't use the thing anywhere near it's potential without risking my life, license or both.

So I just find myself not riding that much anymore. 5k in two years is pathetic.

Yeah, I know, I'm a pussy.

You are not a pussy...... just getting old. :icon_biggrin:

I stopped by the Honda dealer after the gun show today. The Goldwings were whispering in my ear. Still love the Blackbird but I need something with more protection and storage so I can come pester you bastards on a more regular basis.

Maybe go halfway and get a ST or FJR?

I stopped by the Honda dealer after the gun show today. The Goldwings were whispering in my ear. Still love the Blackbird but I need something with more protection and storage so I can come pester you bastards on a more regular basis.

If your thinking ST or FJR...go for broke and get a C-14.

C-14 is where I'd lean, or yeah, go full on old man and pick up a Wing. That bike does what I'd want a street bike to do pretty damn well.

The plus of the Kawi is they don't hold value for shit. It's my problem here, but it'd be to my benefit shopping for a C-14.

Either way it's going to be a bit. I'm just not all that thrilled with street riding at the moment, the odo on this bike proves that.

You think you would ever consider a wing Tim?

You ever drive one?

Yes, and yes. I put 1500 miles on one on some of N. California best roads at HookersXX. Great bike, but probably more than I'd want to spend on something that would sit a lot. I'm not even shopping right now, anyway.

Don't forget to consider the Ninja 1000

I want larger passenger accomodations for my kids and various MILF trasportation opportunities.

If I were in the market for another bike like the bird, Tims 14 would be on my short list, helluva deal.

This looks like a nice bike. Good luck with the sale.

If you are tired of street riding then a connie or wing probably won't change that.

Most here already know my views on the wing. I've had one and never will again. If you are thinking along those lines my suggestion is to go all the way and get the convertible. It has a lot of advantages over the wing. The wing does one thing well. Slabbing long distance miles. Its good at that. A convertible is better at that.

Don't forget to consider the Ninja 1000

That's a bike that would theoretically be on my short list were I shopping, but again, I'd either be riding it at about 40% of it's potential or risking my health and my license every time I took it out. I need to learn how to "cruise" and then buy appropriate machinery for that. Not a cruiser, but something that could scoot along pretty good when asked to and is otherwise comfortable/practical.

You know, rereading that, maybe I am just getting old. :icon_lol:

This looks like a nice bike. Good luck with the sale.

If you are tired of street riding then a connie or wing probably won't change that.

Most here already know my views on the wing. I've had one and never will again. If you are thinking along those lines my suggestion is to go all the way and get the convertible. It has a lot of advantages over the wing. The wing does one thing well. Slabbing long distance miles. Its good at that. A convertible is better at that.

Gotta disagree with you on the Wing. Like I said, I put 1500 miles on one on some of the best and tightest roads in the country, wore off the ends of both pegs. Is it a supersport? Hell no, of course not. But your average modern supersport is way more than most people can use even on the track, never mind the street. The Wing, in the right hands, will keep up with probably about 80-90% of the street riders out there. Notice I said riders, not bikes.

Oh, and if they'd put a 6th gear on the damn thing it'd be much better for slabbing. I've never understood why that thing is a 5 speed.

Now someone buy my fucking bike....

Don't let that whispering bother you. I have a 08 Goldwing with suspension by Traxxion Dynamics and would most likely prefer the wing over both the ST or the FJR. If i had more gutts I would give those ST and FJR riders a run for their money with the wing.