CBR1100XX.org Forum

Looking for a bad set of engine cases.

jon haney

I'm having some work done on the spare transmission for my BB dragbike and the machinist says he will need to install the parts in the cases to take measurements and verify proper operation. I will pay shipping, scrap value, and a little extra for your trouble. PM me if you can help.

In case anyone is curious, I'm doing a 1-2 auto modification. This lets you shift from first to second at full throttle without clutching, or killing the ignition. Should be good for 1 to 2 tenths in the quarter. :icon_dance:

Could you use 97 cases if its just for the tranny? I havent checked to see if all case bearings are the same yet,but if you or someone else knows its do-able...

Its warmed up here lately and it won't kill me to get into the garage,I have to take the crank out for someone else anyway,the engine's already out.Can't see hanging on to these for any reason now that I'm parting the motor.

Al

Could you use 97 cases if its just for the tranny? I havent checked to see if all case bearings are the same yet,but if you or someone else knows its do-able...

Its warmed up here lately and it won't kill me to get into the garage,I have to take the crank out for someone else anyway,the engine's already out.Can't see hanging on to these for any reason now that I'm parting the motor.

Al

Well, my spare tranny came out of a 97, so I think your cases would work fine. I sure hope the 97 tranny will work in my 99 engine. IIRC, tranny is the same for all years.

In any event, I'm interested. Just let me know how much you need for them.

OK,I'll warn you I'm not moving too fast to the shop lately in sub zero temps and the heater I bought doesn't do much,but I'll try to get my ass in gear.

I'm in no big hurry, but I am a little concerned about shipping costs from Canada. Joe may have a set for me, but I haven't heard any details from him yet.

I'd be happy just to borrow a set for a while.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry Jon,got a guy coming up here to pick up the whole motor.The guy wanting the crank is taking the whole motor now.

Shipping was over $100 anyway

Yeah, that would have been a little pricey. Thanks anyway.

• 6 months later...
BUMP!

Still looking for a donor.

Who do you have working on the auto?

I'm pretty sure Kent or Barry had one in the black ProStreet BB and there is already one made.

Are you familiar with autos, btw? That's a pretty expensive 2 tenths, depending on the class you're running.

No work has been started yet, and I'm still not 100% sure I should bother. Money would probably be better spent on a throttle-stop. LOL

I just really like the smoother shifting action of a semi-auto. I got spoiled years ago on an old GS that had a 1-2-3. Got tired of working on the top end all the time and got rid of it. A local guy here in Wichita started his own full-time shop after Cessna let him go. It's called ChassisWerx. He's been racing a long time and has built many engines, frames, and whole bikes. He can build a really nice back-half for almost any sport-bike. He may talk me into it some day.

I am familar with autos, hence the 1-2 only. More idiot-proof that way. :icon_redface: I only have to pay for machining time. Tear-down and install I'll do myself, so not a lot of money.

Were Kent's full autos or just 1-2-3 and is there one for sale? I heard he rode them on the street once in a while.

I told you I have one, that will more than likely give you erroneous results your welcome to...

I guess I don't remember. "Erroneous results" huh? And why would I want that? Or are you just messing with me? It's hard to tell with out emoticons or a good nights sleep. :icon_think:

I thought you only had a good set that I would have to send back when I was done.

I told you I have one, that will more than likely give you erroneous results your welcome to...

I guess I don't remember. "Erroneous results" huh? And why would I want that? Or are you just messing with me? It's hard to tell with out emoticons or a good nights sleep. :icon_think:

I thought you only had a good set that I would have to send back when I was done.

Yeah, just messing with ya. The cases that are in the quad now are the ones that are giving me the problems with second. I really need to pull them and put the other motor in, but will need to bore and build correct. Would love to know why they are doing what they are. Tweeked or what. Just don't make sense. Would think I could see something that would make Second gear so close that it makes a noise. But, I have to have it for a trip next month, and too busy to do all the work, and it's too hot.

Not sure what Kent/Barry did since it was illegal and got them fined for it when they got caught, but I know they would have had Robinson do it.

Thanks.

Didn't hear about the fine. Is there any site where I can go to read about it?