CBR1100XX.org Forum

Prep for hig speed run

KaziXX

I have been reviewing the regulations from the various groups that have access to the Bonneville Salt Flats and there are some items that I need your help on:

1) Steering Damper - who makes a good one for the XX?

2) Fuel shut off - Does the fuel pump automatically shut off when I hit the engine kill button?

3) Lanyard to the engine shut off switch - How do I rig this up?

4) Aero/quip or equipment fire sleeve shall cover all gas/fuel lines - Where would I get this?

5) Safety wiring of the oil drain plug - can I buy a bolt that has the hole in it already? Where would I connect the wire to?

6) Safety wiring of the front and rear axle nuts - I can probably use a castle nut on the rear but the front? Any clues?

I am sure I will have more as time goes on but these seem to be the ones that I need help on. I appreciate any help you can throw my way.

Kazi

I have been reviewing the regulations from the various groups that have access to the Bonneville Salt Flats and there are some items that I need your help on:

I use a Scott, but had to machine some parts. The units that clamp on the fork tube would be easiest.

2) Fuel shut off - Does the fuel pump automatically shut off when I hit the engine kill button?

Yes, you are ok there

You can buy a ready made swtch, I think 'pingel' is a name seen before, check with the drag racers.

4) Aero/quip or equipment fire sleeve shall cover all gas/fuel lines - Where would I get this?

The stock fuel hose is ok

5) Safety wiring of the oil drain plug - can I buy a bolt that has the hole in it already? Where would I connect the wire to?

Not needed

6) Safety wiring of the front and rear axle nuts - I can probably use a castle nut on the rear but the front? Any clues?

You will need to drill all four clamp bolts, as well as the axle nut for the front. I drilled the rear for a 'jesus' clip and that is wired in place.

I am sure I will have more as time goes on but these seem to be the ones that I need help on. I appreciate any help you can throw my way.

Kazi

I use a Scott, but had to machine some parts. The units that clamp on the fork tube would be easiest.

Yes, you are ok there

You can buy a ready made swtch, I think 'pingel' is a name seen before, check with the drag racers.

The stock fuel hose is ok

Not needed

You will need to drill all four clamp bolts, as well as the axle nut for the front. I drilled the rear for a 'jesus' clip and that is wired in place.

Kazi

Thank you for responding so quickly - Kazi

From what I have read over the yrs about the salt flats is you will not get as fast of a top speed run on salt as you would on road because of wheel spin/less traction.

Not like that would slow me down any from running there if given the chance.

Worlds Fastest Indian was a great flick about racing there. :icon_biggrin:

Good Luck and enjoy

Kazi--

Next Month is the Texas Mile south of you in Goliad, Texas. You get unlimited runs for the entry fee and you would be running on an old cemet run way.

Do a google search for Texas Mile. Probably doesn't have the same gravitas as Bonneville but it is much closer to where you are.