CBR1100XX.org Forum

nose fairing for a 2001 wanted

got into a lowside and the only part so destroyed that I can't use it is the nosecone fairing. Miraculously the headlight is intact. 2001 Glory Red would be the preferred color. I might just put a set of the Hong Kong fairings on and get the tank painted to match. Insurance company might total it out and I could just get a different bike altogether, but wanted to see if someone had parts that would work. I know Ron Ayers is an option too, but just wanted to float this out there and see who's got what. I walked away fine btw

post-36778-1277761525.jpg

Most expensive color to replace....I got mine from a parts company in Canada as they were about $200 less than the rest. If I remember where I got it from I will post up. I believe it was $500 to $600 for a new one.

I used lock tite on the windshield rubber nuts and the fumes softened the holes and they all cracked.

Good luck.

Send that picture to Bob at Empire GP and have him give you an estimate.

He can plastic weld that back and paint it to stock for less than what it will cost you to buy a new one. If he needs parts, I've got a couple spare (albeit not perfect and missing pieces) uppers I can send so he has complete parts to graft to it.

http://www.empiregp.com/

If you need an upper fairing stay:

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=67296

thanks Dave...I think I'd just throw a Hong Kong fairing set on at near that price because of all the other damage. If I could get a nosecone for cheap, I'd just ride it. Might be a moot point though as it's been deemed a total loss. Now I have to wait for the salvage company to tell me how much buyback is if they will even let me. We'll see.

Find out what the buyback is....

If you do a set of Hong kong plastics, I would be interested in buying yours lower and rear fairings. This would offset the cost of the hongkongs...

I will find out buyback today probably. I've got my mind made up to let this bike go. I'm looking at the VFR's to get my insurance down and MPG up. I'm sure it won't make me smile as much when I roll the throttle, but that is the way it'll go.