CBR1100XX.org Forum

LED 1157 bulbs.

Chester

Ever since I put the clear fronts on, I'v been looking for a led front bulb. Those are the 1157.These seem to be a BIT pricey, but it is exactly what I'm looking for. For the rear, I have the clear lens with the single 2 or 3 inch led in it.

I'm not sure they would work too good in the front lens. If I recall, the front bulbs are more sideways in the housing. You only really see the LED light when looking straight into those LED's. You can hardly see them from an angle.

STeve

you would need to change out the flasher relay or add some "load equalizers" in parallel... just resistors w/ heat sinks on them... otherwise you're gonna get the fast flashing syndrome...

earlier it was mentioned about all glass bulbs... my 2003 has 1157s in the front and 1156s in the back. well, it did before i put the short stalks in...

John

That's why there's a reflector in there.............. :wink:

Wise ass! :grin:

I was thinking more of the intended "look" of having the LED's facing forward, which they won't. They are probably a 45deg. angle to the front of the bike. If you look at the front lens, the bulb points toward the area where the lens and reflector meet. So, I think they might not actually reflect too much (off of the reflector) either.

Those LED's seem to have a very directional light pattern. They look nice when viewed straight on, but show very little light from the side.

Steve