CBR1100XX.org Forum

tire reports and suggestions

nybryan

Pilot road 2ct. 3100 miles on the set and they are going away fast rear tire center 2mm tread depth sides 3mm. The front is showing 3mm across.

Bridgestone 020 bmw spec lastest 4k miles but stick sucked

Whats next. under 4 thousand miles for a set of tires is going to get expensive

if i put pilot powers think they will go away significantly faster

Thoughts and suggestions for tires welcome

thanks bryan

Anybody try the Bridgestone BT023s yet? Or the 023 GT Spec rear with an 016 front?

Thinking about trying that combo.

If they aren't similar enough in profile, I may just try a Michelin Pilot or Pure front with a PR2 rear.

I just put a set of the new Angels on but haven't had much time to put many miles on them yet.

I have always loved the Road II's and gotten at least 6000 miles on a rear with doing NeXXT and a track day on them.

My only concern with the new Angels is the stickyness in the twisties ! Not sure they will instill the confidence that the Road II's always have for me.

I been running BT016's (my first time ever running bridgestones) and love them and are truly the best tire I have ever used. Rear is triple compound and the front is dual compound.

Never felt a hiccup with them and will replace my current ones with them again. As for longevity and tire life I normally get about 3000 to 3500 miles out of a set of tires. Think I will get almost 4000 or more with the BT016's, I expected them to be toast after WVXXT but went for another couple hundred mile ride a week later and still have another 500 or so miles left on them.

On the Bird my last two sets have been the Pirelli Diablo front/Strada rear---now have the Angel but no miles on it as I hit a Turkey Buzzard and front end is off for service and upgrades.....but---on my ST1300 I have the PR2 and have been disappointed compared to the previous set which was Avon Storms. The Storms were the best tires I have had on that bike in 56.9K miles and I ride pretty aggressivly. Needed tires and the Storms were not available in the window I needed so went with the PR2---next time---back to the Storms. For what it's worth------happy trails, kel

Just mounted my second set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso's.

They don't last very long but they damn sure handle good!!

Kel. I just read that you hit a buzzard. I did too in 05.

Wow, I have a buzzard bro!! I hit mine on 89 near Lassen.

I'm averaging ~10 000km out of the last 3 PR2 rears and it's the edges (specifically about 2/3 of the way between the centre and the outer edge of the tyre) rather than the centres like on the old PR's that are wearing out 1st :icon_surprised: The one PR2 front lasted ~15 000km before getting to the wear bars but I preferred the quicker handling of the PP so was going to go back to them, unfortunately no one had stock so I'm trying a PPure ATM :icon_think:

Only done a few thousand km's so no real idea on wear but feedback seems similar to the PP and handling is probably just a fraction slower but much faster than the PR2 :icon_think:

I have a set of angels now mounted and have run them a few hundred miles. They seem to take more input to turn them in as the have a more liner shape to them. The biggest thing I have noticed so far is that I have much more tire left on the edge of the tire for the same lean angles. No issues with them yet. Time will show more about them

Little late here but, I look at cost per mile as well as feel and handling.

The Pilot Powers come out best for me. They have a great feel, are very confidence inspiring, and are readily available at discount pricing.

I get about 4500 miles per set and buy them from JakeWilson.com for about $180.00 delivered.

That's for a 120/190 combo.

Hank

Metzeler M3 have been excellent. I lost track of where I put down the mileage I installed them but I think 4500 miles out of a rear would be about the max. I have managed to run over something with both of the rears Ive had before they were worn out. Still on the same front. They seem to be very sticky. I'm probably either going back with another set or going to try out the PR2.