CBR1100XX.org Forum

Selling the Wing

Just posted this over on the GL board.

Up for sale is my neglected 2007 GL1800. This was the only year for the metallic black.

CapeCod07005.jpg

The stats:

~2007 GL1800, premium audio

~18300 miles on it as of today.

~Purchased new by yours truly in March 2007

~Honda Extended Warranty active until March 2014

The farkles:

Afterburner exhaust tips http://www.directlineparts.com/produ...pid=6507&str=4

Dial-a-tone exhaust mod (sounds like a Mustang, can be returned to stock sound.)

Bushtec hitch (no wiring harness, only used it with the rack below.)

ChrisCo utility platform http://www.chriscoacc.com/webPages/C...tyPlatform.htm

Trunk lid interior net

Plastic side organizers in top trunk

Black carpeted mats in all bags.

Chrisco saddlebag cargo keepers http://www.chriscoacc.com/webPages/CargoKeepers.htm

Ultra guard saddlebag liners (just the side bags)

Wingleader Passenger peg transformers

Hartco Big boy seat (black velour) with backrest, backrest pouch, and passenger backrest.

Dual-ball RAM mounts on BOTH the master cylinder and clutch reservoir.

Clutch cover Satellite radio mount.

Satellite radio antenna mounted under front fascia above headlamps.

NEW, unactivated Sirius radio unit.

Grip puppies

Cramp buster

Autocom with two way radio interface cable for Kenwoods. Push button on left grip.

Aftermarket heated grips

Mick-o-pegs (purchsed used, so they have a good deal of wear on the bottom edge.)

Kuryakyn highway pegs mounted on vertical engine guard (these hit first when cornering, so lots of edge wear.)

(I know... two sets of highway pegs. I crave comfort!)

Chrome fish kickstand

Clear front turn signals

Tulsa xtra tall windscreen (not in the best of shape... got it used for a good price, lots of miiles on it.)

Stock windscreen (with less than 4k miles on it.)

Battery tender lead.

Belly pan

FendaExtenda

Filter wrench, still in bag.

Spare used rear wheel, dirty, with old tire still on it.

Fred's complete repair series on DVD!

A few faint scratches here or there, but looks great. Never been on it's side. Ever.

$15,300 as she sits. Don't forget that beyond all the farkles, she's got an extended warranty for the next FOUR years.

I understand some of the items may not appeal to every buyer out there, so I'm willing to remove this or that and drop the price by an agreed upon amount.

For instance, if you don't want the Autocom, I'd pull it out and drop the price $150. If you don't want the Hartco bigboy seat, (and I can find the OEM one in my garage) I'd drop the price by $300.'

This bike is located in southeastern CT. It still has a loan, and the lien is through my local credit union.

I've only had to put new rubber on it once, a few oil changes, and add gas. She's NEVER left me stranded, ZERO problems.

Email me directly at emtben@hotmail.com for lightening fast replies. I will take some more pics, serious buyers can send me requests for different shots.

Thanks!

Benjamin

Loaded for bear!

IMG_0015.jpg

Sorry to hear it, babe. That's a gorgeous bike right there. Good luck with the sale. Keepin the bird?

Sorry to hear it, babe. That's a gorgeous bike right there. Good luck with the sale. Keepin the bird?

Yup. I'd really regret selling the Bird. Besides, it's paid off and isn't worth a whole lot $$$ compared to the Wing. Plus, I can always buy a new Wing in the future. Can't do that as easily with the Bird. Sheer production numbers.

Ben, do the exhaust tips make it louder or is there a separate mod? Been searching for dial a tone with no luck.

Ben, do the exhaust tips make it louder or is there a separate mod? Been searching for dial a tone with no luck.

The exhaust tips don't do it, I drilled the exhaust. You remove the tips and attach the Dial-A-Tone to it. The best way to describe the system is that it's simply a donut shaped piece of sheet metal. You attach it, with the hole of the donut sliding over the stock exhaust opening. The metal piece has holes drilled through it, like the top of a grated cheese container. There are holes in it, and you drill matching holes into the rear of the can. Once drilled, you can rotate the metal cover to open the can's hole all the way, close them completely, or some where in between. The company that makes the Pak-It-Rak produce them. They don't advertise them, but you can email them directly and they'll sell you a kit.

I ended up leaving the whole kit wide open, so you could just drill out the cans to get the same sound I have.Found it here.

The exhaust tips don't do it, I drilled the exhaust. You remove the tips and attach the Dial-A-Tone to it. The best way to describe the system is that it's simply a donut shaped piece of sheet metal. You attach it, with the hole of the donut sliding over the stock exhaust opening. The metal piece has holes drilled through it, like the top of a grated cheese container. There are holes in it, and you drill matching holes into the rear of the can. Once drilled, you can rotate the metal cover to open the can's hole all the way, close them completely, or some where in between. The company that makes the Pak-It-Rak produce them. They don't advertise them, but you can email them directly and they'll sell you a kit.

I ended up leaving the whole kit wide open, so you could just drill out the cans to get the same sound I have.Found it here.

Thanks Ben good luck with the sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for a nice Wing. I still miss my '04 sometimes for the "Wing" experience. I can attest to reliability....34K I put on mine....not even a hint of a problem....gas, oil, tires....that's it.