CBR1100XX.org Forum

How many Spark plugs does the BB have?

BarryG

Someone tell me that this was a joke.........right??

Either way, that link gets 8 for the price I last paid for 4.

Guess I might need to change the other 4 soon at those prices. :icon_whistle:

I'm at 24K on my '98, so should be changing out the plugs. How many of these do I need?

Thanks (for the correct non-smart ass answer) :icon_biggrin:

CR9EHIX-9

http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_appOther...5238&mfid=1

fuck knows?

How many plugs does an in line four cylinder engine need?

How long is a piece of string?

Why do 7 - 11 stores have locks on their doors if they are open 24 hrs?

Why do you Park cars on a Driveway and Drive cars on a Parkway?

Why is it Cargo if it's on a ship but a Shipment when it's on a truck?

Pay attention Bear and try to keep up...the tricks followed the question... :icon_rolleyes: Ding! Fries are done... :icon_whistle:

WOW, I thought this was a joke thread.

How many muffler bearings do I need to order for my stock cans? I heard they need to be replaced every 20K miles?

fuck knows?

Where do Park Rangers go to "get away from it all?" The city?

What do Parsely farmers use for garnish?

If you think asking how many plugs it has is funny, wait till you read the thread on how to get to them bastards out. :icon_biggrin:

I need to do my plugs again. I actually only got 9k miles out of the ones that came in the bike. Little irridium electrode was basically gone at 9k miles.

If you think asking how many plugs it has is funny, wait till you read the thread on how to get to them bastards out. :icon_biggrin:

I need to do my plugs again. I actually only got 9k miles out of the ones that came in the bike. Little irridium electrode was basically gone at 9k miles.

Something definitely not right there. I just changed mine. I had platinums in it. They are supposed to be good for 8 or 16k miles IIRC where the irridiums are supposed to last at least double. I would have to look to verify what it actually is. Anyway the platinums had probably 20k miles on them. When I pulled them out they looked like new.

Remember. The plugs come pre-gapped. DO NOT GAP THE PLUGS OR YOU WILL DAMAGE THEM. The coating on the electrode is very delicate. You probably knew that but its worth reiterating.

Hey now don't make fun...it's a legitimate question...my 2 cylinder VTX1800 takes 4 plugs. Honda does whacky things sometimes.

Exactly... I've not seen any L4 engines with 2 plugs/cylinder, but plenty of V-twins have them... Found that out when my '83 Shadow 500 pegged my compression gauge... Whoops... Still a plug in the other side of the jug, igniting the mixture...

Mike

Yeah they are suppose to last 16k miles. I noticed my bike was having to turn over a little more than normal to fire up and wasn't running the best either.

I made a thread about it probably 5 yrs ago or more. At 9k miles the irridium tip was basically gone when I pulled the plugs that came in the bike. I replaced them with the same NGK irridium plugs and the bike started and ran great again. Checked them at 20k miles to see how they were doing and they looked barely used.

At 26k miles now, so I am going to change them again while I am doing some other stuff to the bike once I get back from WVXXT.

Correct on the do not gap. They are pre gapped and if you try to do it you will destroy the fine tip on the electrode where the irridium is actually at.

Hey now don't make fun...it's a legitimate question...my 2 cylinder VTX1800 takes 4 plugs. Honda does whacky things sometimes.

And my 2 cylinder Nomad took 4.....that's why I asked.

Oh yeah....how many engines does my bike have?