CBR1100XX.org Forum

Project 1200

grahamcuk

Agreed 100% I love the project and am now interested in the removal of the balance shaft idea.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It makes a massive differance to the response of the motor. Turns a blackbird motor into big fireblade motor.

Perhaps you are asking the wrong crowd (except for Hanksxx).
Perhaps you should speak for yourself?

A lot of attention detail has been applied to this project. Whether or not you "like" the styling is irrelevant, appreciating his project is something apparently beyond your grasp as well.

Crawl back into your hole please.

Go fuck yourself in every way possible. I have as much right to an opinion as anyone else. Just because mine is not yours - well, piss off.

Styling has everything to do with a project - especially when all he did was post a fuzzy picture.

Did I mention fuck you? Ok - I did.

Perhaps you are asking the wrong crowd (except for Hanksxx).
Perhaps you should speak for yourself?

A lot of attention detail has been applied to this project. Whether or not you "like" the styling is irrelevant, appreciating his project is something apparently beyond your grasp as well.

Crawl back into your hole please.

Go fuck yourself in every way possible. I have as much right to an opinion as anyone else. Just because mine is not yours - well, piss off.

Styling has everything to do with a project - especially when all he did was post a fuzzy picture.

Did I mention fuck you? Ok - I did.

Jesus, man, you really are a piece of work.

Expressing our opinion, fine, have at it. It's presuming to speak for others that further proves what a fucking twat you are. Getting totally bent out of of shape when called on it, even more proof- like we needed any.

I can easily count on one hand the number of people who've managed to make me wish we banned people around here, you just made that list. You seem to have absolutely nothing to offer but hostility and a totally unjustified superior attitude. Do us all a favor and go the fuck away, you're not wanted here.

SHIT!!! i can't leave you kids alone for a second. Geez

Im still tring to figure out how to put honda's underseat storage compartment on my bike..hmmmm

back to the build. great work by the way.

Looks awesome Graham. I do like the tail unit. And the swingarm. And the forks. I can't even think about 1200cc right now. Very impressive. Once it is up and running and complete you should ship it over here and meet us at a couple of our meet-ups. Maybe let us ride it around the block a time or two? :icon_whistle:

It makes a massive differance to the response of the motor. Turns a blackbird motor into big fireblade motor.

And the stock crank was balanced (from the factory) on mine up to 18000 RPM, there was no change required and removal of the balancers were somewhere around 9 lbs with all hardware removed.

Maybe Stan can post up some details and pictures from my motor. (Which is on his bench being dissected like an alien autopsy.)

How is the vibration afterwards though?

Sorry to have gotten side tracked by the people I was not even addressing presuming to speak for. So it goes....

Fixed that for you.

Graham, you have my apologies for the distraction as well. Stellar work on the bike.

I have a thick skin and a hard head, so nothing that has been said on this site has left the slightest bad taste,

People are entitled to their opinions. Freedom of thought and expression are paramount.

The world is full of people that like chocolate, but some like strawberry or vanilla.

A wise man once said,

“I don’t always agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it “

I love my Blackbird, it has been a 3 and half year adventure , I have leant so much , not just about the blackbird , but about what I can achieve if I just try. No one can take away the sense of pride I have every time I look at my Blackbird and think “I did that”.

I hope everyone out there feels the same about their own bike, cause if you all do were a bunch of very lucky people.

Cheers Graham

I have a thick skin and a hard head, so nothing that has been said on this site has left the slightest bad taste,

People are entitled to their opinions. Freedom of thought and expression are paramount.

The world is full of people that like chocolate, but some like strawberry or vanilla.

A wise man once said,

“I don’t always agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it “

I love my Blackbird, it has been a 3 and half year adventure , I have leant so much , not just about the blackbird , but about what I can achieve if I just try. No one can take away the sense of pride I have every time I look at my Blackbird and think “I did that”.

I hope everyone out there feels the same about their own bike, cause if you all do were a bunch of very lucky people.

Cheers Graham

I'm going to go ahead and presume to speak for everyone else ( :icon_evilgrin: ) when I say you sound like a guy to have a few beers with.

Great project, great looking bike. Can't even imagine the amount of time......keep it up!

Nice work sir. I may have missed it, but, have you weighed the complete bike to see if there was much difference between stock and current?

I also think an high mount exhaust would look hot on that beast. IMHO.

Yeah, I will post up what Dean's motor has don to it to remove his ballence shafts in another thread. I did mine in the new motor and have done it is a way any body could with no problem. Only thing I know as of yet, revs quicker, smooth as ever. Have no idea why they are there.

I think, that both the tails that have been done are (Jeffs and Grahams) and some others are very interesting and inviting. I really think the birds is one of the nicest looking ones as well as the RR and duc.

I for one am glad that Graham has come over to the dot o'gree.

And that he has a thick skin.

Good to have you here.

And I have a great idea,,,I think, in relation to the oiling on the turbo, using the cooler lines to feed and return the oil. Just not sure if you can do without the oil cooler in the lines. I think I would leave the cooler after the turbo. and back in to the motor....

And I have a great idea,,,I think, in relation to the oiling on the turbo, using the cooler lines to feed and return the oil. Just not sure if you can do without the oil cooler in the lines. I think I would leave the cooler after the turbo. and back in to the motor....

That's an interesting idea. I think you'll find the way they ran them on mine interesting as well. We'll pull the fairing at Josh's Thursday so you can take a peek.

Had a visit from a mate of mine yesturday . He came down to my shop for the day on his supercharged 1200 blackbird which is knicknamed the Duck

In his word.

P1200 spins up like no bird engine I have heard before and along with the rattling of the flat sides (sound good to me) is IMO like a Blade engine on steroids. Duck is like a gas turbine.

post-53763-1271580281.jpg

post-53763-1271580318.jpg

post-53763-1271580368.jpg

Had a visit from a mate of mine yesturday . He came down to my shop for the day on his supercharged 1200 blackbird which is knicknamed the Duck

In his word.

P1200 spins up like no bird engine I have heard before and along with the rattling of the flat sides (sound good to me) is IMO like a Blade engine on steroids. Duck is like a gas turbine.

Speaking strictly for myself :icon_whistle: looking good. Like the Ducks XX logo. Did you actually go for a ride?

BTW - you may have dropped that camera and knocked the lenses out of alignment or the auto focus died.

Sorry to have gotten side tracked by the people I was not even addressing presuming to speak for. So it goes....

Fixed that for you.

Graham, you have my apologies for the distraction as well. Stellar work on the bike.

Just can't leave it alone can you? Why don't you just hit ignore? I tried but for whatever reason I can't add you to my ignore list. Alright, here is the explanation.

Some of the first comments on the bike were negative on the looks. Mine, CBRBear and even CBRxxGuad was non-committal or about dogs, VFRs - to each his own kind of thing. I was kind of negative on the looks too.

So what did I write? "The rest just looks like a bird. I don't think anyone has improved the classic lines. The best I saw was putting the turn signals in the tail. Perhaps you are asking the wrong crowd (except for Hanksxx)."

All I was trying to do was make the guy feel better by saying "PERHAPS people who love the birds classic lines may not like the angular fender and boxey rear as much as the general population."

I was NOT saying "No one here is going to like that bike" and again I WAS trying to make the guy feel better about some negative comments. Plus there was a jab at Hank who seemed to jab at CBRBear. Whatever.

I did NOT care about the "Speak for yourself" but took offense to the "go crawl in a hole" to which my response was +/- "fuck off".

Looks like a fun day Graham.

I like how you blended the new tail into the frame/bodywork. I need to do the same to mine.

DSC04020.JPG

Also, not that I need any more power or even a faster revving engine but I'm toying with the ides of balance shaft removal. Did you have to block the shaft oil ports to maintain pressure elsewhere? Maybe I should start another thread or just wait for Stan to do so.

Looks like a fun day Graham.

I like how you blended the new tail into the frame/bodywork. I need to do the same to mine.

DSC04020.JPG

Also, not that I need any more power or even a faster revving engine but I'm toying with the ides of balance shaft removal. Did you have to block the shaft oil ports to maintain pressure elsewhere? Maybe I should start another thread or just wait for Stan to do so.

That is what I did in mine, with some oring rubber. Two lines, one under the main bearing, the other in the lines going back to the trans. Not a big deal.

Deans on the other hand is much more involved, in removing the shafts too.

I just had a guy with a lathe machine a copy of each shaft from aluminum and installed them with the stock o-rings. Everything is oiling fine. There is a little more vibration, but still not as much as my old '91 Katana 1100 had stock.

This is what I make for the job. Installed with a little Loctite lock&seal.

Seems to be working fine.

Do those install from the inside or outside?

Is Loctite the only thing holding them in?