CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ride report

lensmanxx

Well, I finally got a chance to take the 'Bird out for a ride with the rebuilt rear shock.

In summary, it's a noticeable difference and was worth the cost.

I found that bumps and dips no longer give me a jolt on the tush, and most importantly, the bike is easier to lean for turning. That's a big plus I didn't expect. The down side is now the short comings of the front suspension is very noticeable. I'll get the front done as time and cash permit.

The toughest part in replacing the rear shock was getting the top bolt off, after that, it was relatively straightforward ( took forever with the ratchet wrench).

I thought the huge Showa spring on the shock would make the ride stiff, but that wasn't the case.

Traxxion recommends servicing the shock every 2 years. I don't know about that. I'd probably send it back every 3-4 years, if that.

Around $377, including shipping.

Just for the shock??????

I hope that included the cost of a new spring. :icon_eek:

I just had the forks with Penske internals and Penske shock from my 04 750 track bike refreshed at OhlinsUSA. Included an Ohlins spring all for $370. $16 to ship it to them and I went and picked everything up at the shop.