CBR1100XX.org Forum

givi windshield

alf03

I was wanting to replace the windscreen on the bird with a dbl bubble but some have said to go with the GIVI. Is it much better than stock for buffeting? Was mainly looking to move the air up some for just a little more comfort. Does anyone know of a supplier that has these in stock?

I'm happy with mine. Only complaint is that there was a crack in one of the mounting holes (after it was installed), and I can't explain why that should have happened. Fortunately it neither affects it staying in place nor shows where the plastic is visible.

How tall are you and how fast typically do you ride ,because ,it depends.

I`m 6`01,my cruising speed is 70-90 mph,used to have Givi but eventually I went with Zero Gravity,double bubble. Generous wind protection with Givi but I positively hated all that buffeting.

Much nicer,smoother airflow with Zero,but less protection, it is pretty much useless in 100mph +.YMMV.

• 2 months later...

I'll chime in, as I have tens of thousands of miles behind my Givi- love it. At 5'-10", I have no issues with buffeting or wind noise. It's just tall enough to give me a place to tuck into when it rains. Recommended!

• 3 weeks later...
Givi from Twisted Throttle

Make sure no members here are selling Givi's first.

Is anyone on here selling their GIVI or any clear windscreen that it really really tall?

I am 6'4" tall and weigh in at 300 so any wind protection I can get is a big help

especially since my cruizin speed is somewhere between 70 and 165 mph! :icon_naughty::icon_rolleyes:

Joe in Baltimore

410-241-5253