CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone here ever lose a waterpump?

silverbird1100

If Honda makes them like Kawasaki does (and I hope everyone else), when it goes it starts weeping fluid (a slow but steady drip you can't miss).

Of course, last time my Kawasaki pump went, it lost a lot of fluid in a short period of time from a "weep" through that tiny hole. :icon_wall:

Anyone here ever lose a waterpump?

Yes, but I'm sure it's in my garage somewhere.

That's exactly what I was going to reply. Jeff, you're sick and twisted... I like you!!!

If Honda makes them like Kawasaki does (and I hope everyone else), when it goes it starts weeping fluid (a slow but steady drip you can't miss).

When my waterpump went it pissed out in a high pressure stream - if the motor is HOT you get a toasted left foot

• 2 weeks later...

I lost my water pump once... I coulda swore it was on the bike when I went to bed then the next day when I went to ride it was gone. There was coolant all over the garage floor and the pump was gone.... it never did show up either. The bike still ran fine without it though just a little warn so I made sure to ride through every puddle I could find!