CBR1100XX.org Forum

Givi Wingrack kit

rockmeupto125

You need the adapter kit for your bike. The wingrack has 4 basic connection points. Two high, two low. The low ones should connect to where your exhaust pipes bolt onto the pillion. The higher ones (on the XX) connect onto where the rear grab handle is behind the seat.

You get 4 connection pieces designed to fit the XX. Bolts are included,but I replaced the 4 bolts for the top part with cap screws and locking nuts so they wouldn't work loose.

IIRC (not at home), there are two hex bolts (rounded heads) for the lower connector to the exhaust mounts (you replace the stock bolts. I think for each side there are two washers and a locking nut. Appropriate bolts for attaching to the wingrack (cap screws and locking nuts IIRC). Upper side uses two bolts for connecting the adapter to the wingrack (each side) and the two cap screws for the grab handle also includes two spacers so the bracket doesn't directly touch the handle. I suggest getting longer screws and locking nuts because to put enough tension on the screws so they can't work loose, you are going to be putting a lot of pressure on the grab handle and crack the rear cowl (that's what happened to me). With the longer screws and locking nut, you do more work to put it on, but you only have to make it snug...the nut will ensure it won't come loose.

I'll try and remember to search my stuff at home for the parts sheet.

Screw it....found the PDF on Givi USA's web site. ;)

y158.pdf

There are 4 spacers and six bolts that mount the adapter to the bike. IIRC, two of the bolts replace the ones that hold the stock mufflers on. The other four replace the bolts that mount the grab-rail. The grab-rail is not removed, but I guess it would be possible if you used longer spacers.

If you are needing to replace these bolts & spacers, I could do some measurements tonight and let you know what to get.

So that diagram is a bit of a help, if not the complete answer.

That was page one of the two page installation instructions. I can post the other page

when I get home tonight, if that would help. It probably shows what pieces go where.

LMK.

Thanks to you guys, I thought I had it all figured out, but have still run into a couple of snags.

Are the lights on the wingrack tight, or do they still have some wiggle in them when its all tightened down?

Still have some wiggle room. Frankly, as FUBAR as the wiring setup is (you'd think there'd be a discrete way to route it), you can just cannibalize the stock lights to make them shorter. That's what I eventually did.

I'm getting this ready for sale, so I'm trying to make it as right as I can. Bought it with hopes of mounting it to do some touring so I wasn't particularly concerned about the bolts or fittings because it was for my own use. Now I'm clearing the shelves, and don't want to have to put things up for sale with the caveat of "needs _xxxx_"

Still have some wiggle room. Frankly, as FUBAR as the wiring setup is (you'd think there'd be a discrete way to route it), you can just cannibalize the stock lights to make them shorter. That's what I eventually did.

+1 on that. As you did, I just shortened the stock lights so they would clear the wing rack.

• 13 years later...