CBR1100XX.org Forum

grips

kiwimack

Need to get some new grips, don't know the size, length etc for the bird. would measure mine but its a couple oh thousand miles away.

Then you don't really need new grips, right?

Standard issue, standard length, 7/8ths bar. A lot of guys like the BMW grips.

Oh yes I do ........... at least in my mind I need to know they'll be there nexxt trip home ..........

Thanxx Joe..

Yo Mack!

I just put on some BMW grips, I like them a lot.

I ordered them from www.chicagobmwmotorcycle.com

Here's an excerpt from my order confirmation, with the part numbers you'll need if you decide to go this route. Great web site, no complications and fast shipping.

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x 32721458396 (32721458396) = $9.44

1 x 32721458395 (32721458395) = $9.44

------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Total: $18.88

Standard Shipping (UPS or DHL Ground *NOTE* Oversize Packages & Multiple Box Shipments Will Be Charged An Extra 5 - 10 dollars.): $7.50

Total: $26.38

Missed you at NeXXt this year Brother! Hope to see ya soon!

Jay

Oh yes I do ........... at least in my mind I need to know they'll be there nexxt trip home ..........

Thanxx Joe..

Mac....I have had a set of grips I was planning to put on the ZX-14 and never got around to it. Sitting in the garage still in the package.

Supposed to be one of the most comfortable grips out there....Not sure of the color of your bike...but I would be glad to send them to ya for free.

Here they are....

http://www.spidergrips.com/id3.html

They are the grey and black...top right.

Let me know.

See, and I hate the BMW grips. I plan on ripping em off shortly and installing new heated grips. Again. My old ones failed.

Thanxx Joe..

Mac....I have had a set of grips I was planning to put on the ZX-14 and never got around to it. Sitting in the garage still in the package.

Supposed to be one of the most comfortable grips out there....Not sure of the color of your bike...but I would be glad to send them to ya for free.

Here they are....

Let me know.

I'll take them

incoming PM

Thanxx Joe..

Here they are....

Let me know.

I'll take them

incoming PM

Priority out tomorrow.....

I like foam grips, lightweight, shock absorbent and cheaper than rubber grips.

I'll agree with dillweed here... I have the grip puppies over stock grips on both the Bird and the Wing. Love them, because not only are they comfy, but they increase the girth of the grips to fit my XXL hand better.

I tried the bmw grips they were ok recently went with kuryakan iso grips which I have on my HD and goldwing.

If Kuryakyn would sell a set before they were chromed, I'd be all over that. They're by far the most comfortable grips I've ever used.

You might call them maybe they would sell them to you unchromed, might start a new trend. Yeah on the grip confort I love my iso grips.