CBR1100XX.org Forum

Selling My Redbird

Very nice looking bike. So okay, we see Akra pipes, Corbin, Risers, etc. What all else is on her and what was the asking price. I did not get the chance to see the CL listing in time.

But women seem to like riding on the back of 'em.

Once they go Wing they never go back.

Really. Might want to ask my wife about that. She rode with me on my wing and was just as bored out of her mind as I was. She loves my XX and she loved my 88 cbr1000F. Maybe shes one in a million. I know I feel that she is one in a zillion or gazillion or whatever gabillion is biggest. :icon_biggrin:

Very nice looking bike. So okay, we see Akra pipes, Corbin, Risers, etc. What all else is on her and what was the asking price. I did not get the chance to see the CL listing in time.

Here's the copy (minus a few superlatives) from the C/L ad:

I'm the second adult owner of this immaculate Blackbird. Under 10,000 miles! NEVER: wheelied, raced, dropped, abused, or damaged in any way. ALWAYS: babied, garaged, fanatically maintained. Only flaw: tiny rock scratch on front fender that most folks would never notice. Extras/upgrades/updates: Very rare TSR (JDM) all-titanium header, collector, connectors into Akrapovic carbon fiber dual slip-ons--sounds unbelievable. VFR bars, custom grips, throttlemeister heavy ends/ throttle lock. HID lighting, both hi and low beams. Corbin Gunfighter+Lady saddle in carbon fiber look. Accepts Corbin backrest, but I don't have one to include.Lockhart phillips tank bra. New (less than 500 miles) Metzeler Z6 Roadtecs front and rear. New top quality Yuasa battery last year. EBC HH sintered pads F/R, last season. K&N drop in air filter. Always full synthetic oil. This bike is an awesome, smooth, sophisticated sport-tourer and a great all-arounder. It'll also blow the doors off of just about anything, especially on top end. Ready to ride anywhere. Fuel injection delivers instant starts and excellent fuel efficiency. Stunning performance (both acceleration and top speed) available at will, yet comfortable and tractable in typical Chicago stop-n-go. This is simply an incredible machine. I'd defy you to find a nicer one. If you're looking for a Blackbird, and you see this bike, you'll want to buy it. Cash in hand for test rides (no joy rides, sorry). I will sell this bike for $6000 as it sits, or $4900 returned to stock (exhaust, seat, lighting, bars). Either way, you're getting big bang for your buck. Email with questions, please. This bike isn't really for the inexperienced (or meek). Please don't waste my (and your own) time if you can't come up with the cash. Remember, red IS the fastest color. Email with questions or to schedule a look. Thanks. Last time I post this before spring.

Hmmmmmmmm, very nice. I really miss mine and have always been partial to red. I didn't see any mention of a fuel programmer, what did you do for the lean condition caused by the better flowing exhaust?

I had a PC on the bike, but it malfunctioned (on the expressway in traffic, but that's another story) and caused a severe miss. I removed it on the side of the road and the bike ran perfectly. It has had nothing on it for a couple of hunderd miles, but seems to run OK. I've looked at the plugs a couple of times-- they look normal.

• 4 months later...
Anyone know if this bike sold?

I've tried a PM, but I don't think he gets on the forum much.

No....it did not sell. I just talked with the owner the other day. Some events "happened" the end of last year and I was unable to follow up with him. I contacted him as to inquire about the bike again and he informed me that over the winter his interest in the bike grew for him. I don't want to comment too much about this, because it is not my bike or my place. If he gets on, I am sure he may comment on this. Long story short here....he is keeping the bike.