CBR1100XX.org Forum

Selling My Redbird

Nice...that'll make two of those exhaust systems I'm aware of in the U.S. Very trick and what I wanted way back when I was shopping. Did you end up ordering straight from Japan?

Good luck with the sale.

I got the exhaust from another forum member (thanks again, Howard!) in California, who bought it in Japan. I've never seen another one. The workmanship is just amazing, and the fit is better than any aftermarket pipe I've owned.

Thanks for all the kind words. I love the bike and it's the best bike I've had the pleasure of owning. But the time has come for something like a Connie or FJR or, (gasp) even a GL. What it really comes down to is that my wife has never liked rear seat on this bike, and I am tired of riding alone ALL the time. She hasn't been happy since I sold the Venture Royale.

That and the taxman...the tuition man...you know. Being a grownup can really suck.

I got the exhaust from another forum member (thanks again, Howard!) in California, who bought it in Japan. I've never seen another one. The workmanship is just amazing, and the fit is better than any aftermarket pipe I've owned.

Heh, Howie's was the "other one" I knew of. Back to being the only one in the country, sweet.

Trade for a ST? Look at my ad in this section.

That's a beautiful bike. Too beautiful, I'm afraid. I need to trade down in value. I'll probably end up with an old GL or Venture or something. Thanks for the offer, though, and good luck with your sale.

Nice example. Good luck with the sale.

+1 in agreement ref: Howies XX.

I saw it in 06 @ Red Bluff Calif. I walked around it for several minutes in awe.

Many pictures taken. I'll stop here as not to detour your ad any further.

Someone buy this bike!! Wish I could.

Goldwings are for homos. :icon_whistle:

Unless you keep the Bird to keep it company in the garage. :icon_twisted:

I'm with you on that one. I had a goldwing. What a mistake that was. Now I'm not saying that they are a bad bike. Just not for me. In fact I never felt like I was on a bike when riding the wing. I'd rather be in a convertible than on a goldwing. About the same effect and you get more storage space can take more people with you and you can put the top up if it rains. A convertible is a much better motorcycle than a goldwing IMO.

THis bird looks like one sweet ride. If I had an extra grand or two to add to my current fun slush fund I'd consider buying it myeslf even though I already have a pristine one currently. Hope it goes to someone local.

• 2 weeks later...