CBR1100XX.org Forum

Instrument panel bulbs

ZRX1100JIM

I have a '97' bird. Last night I noticed the speedo light was out. Has anyone

changed the stock bulbs out with LEDs. Looks like its going to be a real pain

in the ass to change, so I'd like to replace them with something that lasts.

They never did seem real bright to begin with.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Jim

I have a '97' bird. Last night I noticed the speedo light was out. Has anyone

changed the stock bulbs out with LEDs. Looks like its going to be a real pain

in the ass to change, so I'd like to replace them with something that lasts.

They never did seem real bright to begin with.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Jim

+1 I have had a couple go out on my 98, it's a pain riding at night and working out my speed via the tacho :icon_confused: Been meaning to do it for a while, I seem to remember seeing a thread over a year ago where someone replaced their globes with LED's but haven't been able to find it :icon_wall:

I managed to remove the main globe for the speedo and that was a bit of a jiggle and I reckon will be pain to replace :icon_think:

I swapped mine out a couple of year ago for led's, pretty easy after removing the windscreen, I ordered the hyper white wedge bulbs, not sure if it was 4 or 5 of them but the old lights the dash looked greenish when lit but with the led's it has a nice sharp blue color now...cheap and worth it IMO.

I got these clickey pricey butt really easy to read. Only thing I did was paint the needles red.

easy to install.

at night very good

2 cents

I got these clickey pricey butt really easy to read. Only thing I did was paint the needles red.

easy to install.

at night very good

2 cents

Yeah they are very nice, BUT as said quite pricey and I have been hearing some stories of the lights failing after a while :icon_confused:

easy to install.

at night very good

2 cents

Yeah they are very nice, BUT as said quite pricey and I have been hearing some stories of the lights failing after a while :icon_confused:

had them for 4 years no problems yet.

I believe I have a couple of spare OEM dash bulbs somewhere in a spare parts box... I'll look tonight if no one else responds, and post a pic... I think Will is right they're a kind of wedge type bulb... wasn't real difficult to replace.