CBR1100XX.org Forum

1999 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

1999 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird, Fuel-Injected.

Miles: 53k

Price: $3,400 see below

Clean and clear title in my name and my possession.

2nd owner, bought at 35k.

2 keys included.

Owners manual.

Service manual on CD.

Upgrades/changes:

-Throttlemeister throttle lock.

-Clear Alternatives front turn signals.

-Sylvania Silver Star clear running/turn signal bulbs.

-Clear Alternatives rear taillight w/integrated turn signals.

-Rear 'Stinger' LED turn signals also. (Electronic flasher installed.)

-HID headlight for low beam.

-Sylvania Silver Star H7 bulb in high beam.

-Blind spot adjustable mirror add-on's.

-Lockhart Phillips tank bra, black.

Maintenance:

-Rear tire has 2-3k miles left.

-Front tire has 1k miles left.

-Chain has 13k miles, have adjusted twice. ~7k miles left if you sport tour.

-Front and rear brake pads are new.

-Rear shock/spring is from a 2003 model with now 13.5k miles.

-Front suspension is stock.

-Front sprocket 18T, +1 from stock size, has 13k miles.

-Rear sprocket 45T, stock size, has about 15k miles.

-Air filter is new.

-Fresh oil and filter change.

Other:

-Dent in rear of gas tank (hotel lamp fell on it). Tank bra covers this.

-Rashed stator cover on left side from 5-10mph lowside turning left at intersection.

-Parking lot tip over, left and right sides. Side fairings have scrapes and scratches.

-Mufflers have dings and scratches also.

-Plastic rear tail/cowl has cracks around two bolt locations, hidden by the spacers and bolts.

General over appearance from 5 feet is great. But this bike is not for a perfectionist. It has many scratches and cosmetic imperfections. Up close you will notice these.

With all that said, she runs beautifully! Fantastic power and acceleration as you'd expect from a Honda Blackbird. Silky smooth and fuel injected.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you are interested.

Ride safe y'all.

IMG_3640.JPG

I see....... very good, very nice.

:icon_biggrin:

So I'll see you next year at OzarXX on a FZ1 then, right, GOOD then, I'll see you and the Mrs.'s there, Great. :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, what he said. :icon_biggrin:

Nice job on racking up some miles, she looks good still.

Maybe this is a sign you should KEEP IT!!!

I have aguy at work that has been wanting a bird, I'll tell him about it JuXXtin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice XX but unfortunately I paid 3100 for my '98 with 14K mi w/zero dings and never down, totally stock. You're better off keeping it as a backup bike or something.

I don't see anything unfortunate about it. Its a pretty nice XX with some imperfections offered for sale at a very aggressive price by a forum member with an excellent reputation.

What's unfortunate is that you're such an attention whore that you need to post in this thread even though you have nothing constructive to offer.

BarryG, if everyone could find that good of a deal, then you'd have nothing to brag about and might have shut the fuck up about it after all this time.

Why do you insist on using the great deal you got as a tool to shit on other people's sales?

+1, Barry has posted this BS at least a half dozen times. We are glad you stole your bike, you really did. Now enjoy the deal you got, which doesn't equate to fair market value.

My friend just sold his 1998 for $4000.00 with 39K miles, and the seller was tickled pink. (I went for a ride with him today.) A bike is worth, what someone is willing to pay for it.

Miles mean nothing on an XX.

I think I'd rather have a bike that was ridden and maintained versus one that has sat for 9 years.

This bike is a good deal and I can't believe someone hasn't bought it yet!

BarryG, if everyone could find that good of a deal, then you'd have nothing to brag about and might have shut the fuck up about it after all this time.

Why do you insist on using the great deal you got as a tool to shit on other people's sales?

Sorry.....thought it was freedom of speech in the forum. Don't get your vaginas all knotted up. Just thought with the crappy economy and later models with 1/10 the mileage and no cosmetic imperfections going for $2K more than he's asking......maybe he should just keep it.

And I'll be honest, I actually paid $8700 for my '98.......so fuck off.

Sorry.....thought it was freedom of speech in the forum.

Why is it that every time some idiot says that he doesn't seem to realize it works both ways?

Don't get your vaginas all knotted up. Just thought with the crappy economy and later models with 1/10 the mileage and no cosmetic imperfections going for $2K more than he's asking......maybe he should just keep it.

And I'll be honest, I actually paid $8700 for my '98.......so fuck off.

Nobody asked for your opinion, and this isn't the pub. People come here to sell and buy stuff, not express irrelevant opinions on what they think an item is worth- except you, apparently. Don't you realize you could potentially be costing a fellow board member a sale with your bullshit?

Nobody asked for your opinion, and this isn't the pub. People come here to sell and buy stuff, not express irrelevant opinions on what they think an item is worth- except you, apparently. Don't you realize you could potentially be costing a fellow board member a sale with your bullshit?.

Nobody asked for your opinion either.

No one has ever posted irrelevant opinions in the FS section......except me, apparently? Do you smoke crack while reading books about unicorns? Gimme a fucking break. Meanwhile the thread keeps getting bumped to the top. If anything shouldn't stand in the way of a good deal, it's irrelevant opinions.

Nobody asked for your opinion, and this isn't the pub. People come here to sell and buy stuff, not express irrelevant opinions on what they think an item is worth- except you, apparently. Don't you realize you could potentially be costing a fellow board member a sale with your bullshit?.

No one has ever posted irrelevant opinions in the FS section......except me, apparently?

Unfortunately I'm an admin here and I get to listen to people bitch about the crap your pulling here.

If people post shit that potentially devalues a member's item for sale, they'll usually hear about it- ask Skull if you think I'm just picking on you. You have a habit of trotting out your little deal in here every time you feel like it. It's counter productive, I don't know why you can't see that.

Do you smoke crack while reading books about unicorns? Gimme a fucking break. Meanwhile the thread keeps getting bumped to the top. If anything shouldn't stand in the way of a good deal, it's irrelevant opinions.

Okay, I'll try to make this simple- John Doe, shopping for an XX, clicks on this thread, John Doe reads you saying it's not worth that much and how cheap you got yours. Maybe he moves on, maybe not. Maybe it takes John Doe two weeks to figure out he's not going to find the deal you did and he does come back. Meanwhile, the seller is sitting on a bike he wants to sell. You're certainly not helping and you very well may be hurting. Why would you do that? Just to hear yourself yap, apparently.

Back to my crack and unicorns now....

No one has ever posted irrelevant opinions in the FS section......except me, apparently? Do you smoke crack while reading books about unicorns? Gimme a fucking break. Meanwhile the thread keeps getting bumped to the top. If anything shouldn't stand in the way of a good deal, it's irrelevant opinions.

Barry, Tim's right. Justin's trying to sell a bike here, and the price is a fair one. Knowing how Justin keeps his stuff, it's a great deal.

You do Justin a disservice by broadcasting how much better of a deal you got. If the situation were reversed, would you rather a question about the fairness of the price be handled in a PM or right in your thread? Did you even think about how it might be perceived by a potential buyer? Are you able to actually accept that maybe, just maybe, you didn't think about that, and just say "Hey, I see what you mean, I'm sorry", or are you one of those who just digs in and can't ever admit you might be wrong?

With regards to not posting irrelevant opinions in the For Sale section, this is not The Pub. If you look back at the history of the board, you'll find that it's traditionally considered good form to keep the posts mostly on topic in both the Garage and the Pub, although as long as it doesn't affect the ability to get the actual question answered in the garage, or to sell the item, it's usually tolerated as, like you stated, it brings the post up to the top and therefore brings attention to something that might have been missed.