CBR1100XX.org Forum

Thoughts on the MRA Vairo Touring Screen??

Jaygermeister

Can you adjust it on the fly or do you have to use a tool? I was also wondering what the speed rating is for this screen if there even is one?

• 1 month later...

Yea have one-I'm tall too. Better than double bubble.

I have it set at max all the time

There is another one with a flip at the top but no adjustment which I would like to try buy

can't justify expense.

They warn not to adjust while in motion. I agree ! ! ! !

Yea have one-I'm tall too. Better than double bubble.

I have it set at max all the time

There is another one with a flip at the top but no adjustment which I would like to try buy

can't justify expense.

They warn not to adjust while in motion. I agree ! ! ! !

I had a Zero G touring on mine but still got blasted, i just put a cheap bubble on it to try out but i think i will end up with a Vairo Touring.

Jet

Can you adjust it on the fly or do you have to use a tool? I was also wondering what the speed rating is for this screen if there even is one?

MRA is a German company, IIRC. Their products are tested to a much higher safety spec then hours and since the consequences of a high speed detachment can be fatal for the rider.

http://www.mra.de/html/gb/gb-englisch.htm

http://www.bikehps.com/mra/variotouringscreens.html

I went ahead a bought one and love the thing. The quality is excellent and it functions like it should. I can now get my head out of the wind with a full tank bag. It helped me stay out of the rain on my way to OzarXX and I do adjust it on the move without any problem. I've run mine up to 160ish (not sustained) and had no problem at its highest setting. I can’t comment of vibration at that speed because everything vibrates at that speed.