CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bar end weights

Jetfixxr

Can you pull them off without unscrewing them? That means you stripped the threads.

Is it that no matter how tight you make them they still are loose? Maybe the bolts are too long and are hitting something before you finish tightening them.

Is it that no matter what you try, the bolts don't seem to get tighter and they fall right off? The bolts are too short.

I have no clue other than those gems.

Can you pull them off without unscrewing them? That means you stripped the threads.

Is it that no matter how tight you make them they still are loose? Maybe the bolts are too long and are hitting something before you finish tightening them.

Is it that no matter what you try, the bolts don't seem to get tighter and they fall right off? The bolts are too short.

I have no clue other than those gems.

They spin in the barrel of the bar.

pisses me off

Jet

There's a tab on the internal bar weight that indexes into a hole in the bar to keep them from spinning. If you torque hard enough on them you'll bust that tab loose and they'll always spin.

Only solution I can think of is to either replace the OEM internal weight (not sure how you'd do that, I've never done it) or just pull the OEM stuff out and use a set of aftermarket bar ends that have their own mounting system (expanding rubber plug, ect.)

There's a tab on the internal bar weight that indexes into a hole in the bar to keep them from spinning. If you torque hard enough on them you'll bust that tab loose and they'll always spin.

Only solution I can think of is to either replace the OEM internal weight (not sure how you'd do that, I've never done it) or just pull the OEM stuff out and use a set of aftermarket bar ends that have their own mounting system (expanding rubber plug, ect.)

Copy that....

Jet