CBR1100XX.org Forum

Vfr bars with risers?

Scooter

I just picked up my first Blackbird and am new to this site. Great bike, BUT the bars are killing my wrists after half an hour! Has anyone used VFR bars with a riser or Helibars for the VFR. The Heli website shows their VFR bars as 1.25 inches higher than stock VFR units. When I called them they could not help with anything other than the specific applicatio and they no longer produce Cbr1100XX bars. Would I have to replace any hoses (brake or clutch)? The other option I'm considering is the Comfort Bars from 998cc.com which replaces the top clamp with conventional bars. Any have experience with this setup?

I just picked up my first Blackbird and am new to this site. Great bike, BUT the bars are killing my wrists after half an hour! Has anyone used VFR bars with a riser or Helibars for the VFR. The Heli website shows their VFR bars as 1.25 inches higher than stock VFR units. When I called them they could not help with anything other than the specific applicatio and they no longer produce Cbr1100XX bars. Would I have to replace any hoses (brake or clutch)? The other option I'm considering is the Comfort Bars from 998cc.com which replaces the top clamp with conventional bars. Any have experience with this setup?

If you go higher than standard VFR bars, you will need longer clutch and brakes lines. Fairing clearance might also be an issue. Don't have any experience with Comfort Bars.

LSL handlebars are one option.

Gen Mars do work with VFR or Heli Bars, you will need longer brake and clutch lines.

post-1462-1240337305.jpg

post-1462-1240337321.jpg

Thanks for the photos and info, Pat830. Any suggestions on sources for longer hydraulic lines?

The longer lines are included in the Speigler LSL handlebar kit if you order it that way or you can just get longer lines from Spiegler or Galfer.

I actually use VFR bars and Gen Mars on my Bird and all the stock hydraulic lines worked, it's tight, but they work... just recently replaced the lines with a used Spiegler set from Stefan and they seem to be working ok as well and he told me they were longer for the VFR bars, it's still a bit tight and eventually I'll proally get an inch longer line for the front brake reservoir to 3 way connector down on the forks line, but other than that, it seems to be working well. YMMV

I'd suggest trying the VFR bars by themselves first and then go from there. Put a WTB ad over on VFRD.com, someone almost always has a set they'll sell. $40-$50 bucks is proally about right.

I tried the Heli's on my VFR, hence why I had the VFR bars and Gen Mars left over... quite honestly I didn't notice that much of a difference between the GM's and Heli's and for the money involved it was cheaper to go with the GM's. Again, YMMV, it's a very personal choice. A Corbin seat in combo with the VFR bars will help out on the Bird as well.

You'll want 6th gen VFR bars... that would be any bars from '02 models on up...

you can just get longer lines from Spiegler or Galfer.

The Galfer lines I have on mine are stock XX length, they are quite long enough to accomodate the VFR bars and Genmars together, if he were to go with a higher setup I think then he may have to consider the extra length lines, but as always ymmv.

I am in the process of trying a set of VFR spec Helis on my Bird. Check my post on the project.

I am using Jaws bar risers,vtec bars and light switch with existing cables.

Stock windscreen or aftermarket? Brake/clutch lines and cables, stock length?

Did you have any interference issues with the bottom of the windscreen?