CBR1100XX.org Forum

Big bore kit on ebay

XX4me

The big bore kit would naturally allow for an increase in horsepower, at the expense of some reliability. My guess is the advantage of head and port work would be not so much, as the Japanese already do an excellent job with head and port design. I personally don't think it's worth the expense and time, unless you're dead set on bragging rights and have money to burn, or intend to campaign it as a drag bike.

Wait till you see the results, and the complete report on the buildup.

Contrary to what a lot of people believe, the head is rather restricted in stock form. The valves, for example, are quite a bit smaller than both the 12 & the 'Busa. The ports are also on the small side, and can definitely benefit from some port work.

This is a complete buildup, from top to bottom, with a dyno sheet to follow. I won't say "no expense spared", cause I just can't afford to have everything modified or replaced.

I'm not going to name numbers, but similar buildups have yielded 175-180hp at the rear wheel, and some of my parts are definitely better than what they used, so we'll see what happens.

It will take the next 2 months to complete, I figure, and I'll keep everyone posted when it's time. Still sourcing/scrounging parts right now.

Very interesting; I'll be looking forward to the results of the buildup. Do you have a "before" dyno run to use as a comparison baseline?

Waiting for it to be emailed to me from the knob that dyno'd it for me.

It read 129, on an engine that I felt was still not warmed up enough (oil temp). Shop temp 40F (which didn't help mixtures much :roll: ), bike sitting in trailer overnight at around 25F.

Just to note, a '03R6 with a full Micron Serpent system & PCIII read 104 the day before, when those bikes run 104-105 stock.

I figure mine should have run high 130's, like they all do. Maybe 140 in the right conditions.

I know, excuses, EXCUSES! These are just some of the factors that made my decision that this guy was definitely not getting any of the work from me.