CBR1100XX.org Forum

Frogg Trogs Sizing help

PlasticxxHead

I am online buying some Frogg Toggs.

I checked through their website, and there isn't a size chart I could find.

Anyone have a pair.. Are they sized to fit over my gear. ie I am an XL gear so buy XL Toggs? Or buy XXL toggs to fit over..

Thanks

Pete

You get what you pay for, Frog Togs didn't hold up to well when golfing, I can't imagine them holding up being worn by a rider on a motorcycle.

Your experience may vary but I'd put the money you are going to spend on them towards a rainsuit.

There might be members of the board that sell such things.

Rainsuit

I have Frogg Toggs and have been happy with them overall.

I don't know my size, but there should be a size chart on the web site.

Measure your size with leathers on since you'll wear them over them. IIRC, you wind up getting the next size larger than what you'd normally wear.

Thanks for the link, though. The one flaw about Frogg Toggs I don't like is nothing keeping the pants legs from riding up. Lets water into my boots. :(

GEISME3 has a set. I'll try to get him to post. I know he said that water runs down his back if he has the hood rolled up for storage.

I bought a cheap set of rain gear from New Enough last year. First Gear I think. They were less than $80.00, have straps to keep the legs down and do a pretty good job. I stayed dry during our fall Johnson City ride, and that's saying allot. But they have a roll up hood too. No leaks, but the roll pushes on the back of my helmet.

Frogg Toggs has recently added a tape strip to the inside during the seam sealing process that makes them much more durable for high stress activities like riding than they used to be. If riding is the sole purpose for the suit, go with the Frogg Toggs Elite Suit. It is a slightly different material and specifically designed for motorsports use.

The other "down" of Frogg Toggs is that they are basically TyVek material with coloring added.

They pile like crazy when exposed to Velcro, so the new look doesn't last long.

Can't complain about their ability to block out water but let air through.

Pete, you remember my rain gear from that fateful ride home after our stop for pizza in NY (from PRIXXT?). I have Belstaff top and bottoms, purchased brand new off of eBay. The top was under $40, and the pants were under $20. Love 'em. The ONLY leak I ever get is down the neck after riding for 2+ hours in driving rain.