CBR1100XX.org Forum

Spark Plugs

Silverbird2

I am about to change my plugs. Which plugs do you run? I saw somewhere that NGK CR9EHIX-9 was the one. Anyone agree or disagree?

I agree, I put those in about 10K ago as they were given to me from a former owner, at that point I had over 50K on the set that came with my Bird, swapped them out because I had them but saw no ill effects from the plugs and they looked great (the old ones) when I threw them out. :icon_biggrin:

I am about to change my plugs. Which plugs do you run? I saw somewhere that NGK CR9EHIX-9 was the one. Anyone agree or disagree?

I agree, I put those in about 10K ago as they were given to me from a former owner, at that point I had over 50K on the set that came with my Bird, swapped them out because I had them but saw no ill effects from the plugs and they looked great (the old ones) when I threw them out. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks, for the help

That number sounds right... :icon_rolleyes: It is the NGK iridium plug you want. I bought the Honda branded ones for $16 a pop....there's a sucker born every minute and I was on deck that day apparently... :icon_rolleyes:

Spark plugs?????? this thing has spark plugs????? shit

I wonder if my Tundra has spark plugs ? It has 110,000 miles and I haven't even thought about sparkplugs.

According to Warchild - Pre 2001 Platinum - CR9EHVX-9

Iridiums -

Pre-2001: NGK CR9EHIX-9.

2001-2002: NGK IMR9A-9H.

2003: NGK IMR9C-9H.

Also HERE :icon_surprised:

According to Warchild - Pre 2001 Platinum - CR9EHVX-9

Iridiums -

Also HERE :icon_surprised:

Thanks, that is what i read as well. I thought it was the NGK CR9EHIX-9 but as you said it is the NGK IMR9A-9H. I don't know the difference but that is what i am going with. Appriciate the help :icon_wink:

Iridiums -

All the above will do the same job,the latter 2 microscopically better as they are laser iridiums with a slightly finer electrode than the regular iridiums.They will all last a long,long time and are the exact same size and heat range.