CBR1100XX.org Forum

1996 Bronco - 4WD no workie

Involute

I hope you guys don't mind me posting about my Bronco here but I know there are a few here that have quite a bit of experience with Bronco's. My 96 full size Bronco won't engage 4WD anymore. It's a pushbutton system with manual hubs. When I push the button I hear a click from the vicinity of the glove box and the 4WD light comes on but theres no drive to the front wheels. If I try to put in LOW I hear the transfer case switch but still no front tire spin. Any ideas :?:

I had a problem with my Ranger similar to yours. The system is a 4wheel drive on the fly system, with a little selection knob.

I had excess rust built up where my axle goes into my hub. I have been into the mud my fair share :wink: and alittle bit of dirt and rust stopped it from engaging.

Also check to make sure you don't have a crack in your vaccum line or its pinched off somewhere. Buddy had that problem on his Jeep once... 3 hours stuck off of Nags Head on the beach wasn't too much fun. (running low on beer)

I have worked on older model Bronco's but not the newer OJ Simpson syle :wink:

Also check your fueses never know. Look in your owners manual to determine what fues it is..