CBR1100XX.org Forum

H..E..L..P

nick11h

Is there anyone out there that can help me please?

I rode off down the road a few Nights ago and descovered my dip beam had blown so like a good boy i went off and bought a new bulb (12v 55w) H7 fitted it and started the bike and........ zip...nil.. nada checked the buld and as far as i could see it was fine but just incase i went and bought another one fitted it and...... yep you guessed it same as before i have since put a volt meter on the battery and it reads 13.7 engine running the coupler before the bulb reads 8.5 volts and the adaptor from the coupler to the buld when fitted also reads 8.5 volts. Its almost as if the power is being lost from the spades of the bulb to the element inside.

I am at a total loss as to what it could be! Is there anyone out there that can help please please please

Yours in despare Nick

Is there anyone out there that can help me please?

I rode off down the road a few Nights ago and discovered my dip beam had blown so like a good boy i went off and bought a new bulb (12v 55w) H7 fitted it and started the bike and........ zip...nil.. nada checked the bulb and as far as i could see it was fine but just in case i went and bought another one fitted it and...... yep you guessed it same as before i have since put a volt meter on the battery and it reads 13.7 engine running the coupler before the bulb reads 8.5 volts and the adaptor from the coupler to the bulb when fitted also reads 8.5 volts. Its almost as if the power is being lost from the spades of the bulb to the element inside.

I am at a total loss as to what it could be! Is there anyone out there that can help please please please

Yours in despair Nick

I am having a hard time understanding what your typing. Need to punctuate and cap so it reads and is spelled well, to be sure, but sounds like your switch is shorted.

Like Stan said...

you've got 12 volt power at the battery, and only 8 volts at the bulb socket. The loss is somewhere between. Check your switch, and your ground.

Would the switch still be faulty if the main beam still works ok? Because i only loose the light when i go from high to low beam and the park light is fine.

Thanks for helping bye the way :icon_surprised:

Like Stan said...

you've got 12 volt power at the battery, and only 8 volts at the bulb socket. The loss is somewhere between. Check your switch, and your ground.

Would the switch still be faulty if the main beam still works ok? Because i only loose the light when i go from high to low beam and the park light is fine.

Thanks for helping bye the way :icon_surprised:

Yes, loose piece makes contact when on low to ground. Something in there. VOM the plug to ground with the battery disconnected. Should only have one that has continuity. Swap the switch too when doing the OHM test. Ground will show where it should not.

I am having a hard time understanding what your typing.

Now you know what it's like to read your posts Stan..... :icon_wink::icon_cool:

They sound good to me... sometimes,,,,and then when I go back and read my old ones I think what the fuck was I talking about..

I do type like I talk. That may be the problem.

Kind got a lot going at once. MULTITASKING...yeah, that's the story.

But, at least yous guys got me to quit captilize everything and to put some punctuation in, and my ,,,,pauses..I do type faster too. Thank God for spell check. You would really wonder, without that.

Thanks Todd, now I feel all hick. :icon_twisted:

You're not a hick, just a down to earth, common sense kinda guy that calls it like he sees it. And that's not a bad thing, that's why we love you.

The world would be a better place if we could get some of the east and west coasters into middle America, where common sense still exists and have some locals talk some sense into them.

OK.......maybe you're a little bit of a hick. :icon_wink: NBL

You're not a hick, just a down to earth, common sense kinda guy that calls it like he sees it. And that's not a bad thing, that's why we love you.

The world would be a better place if we could get some of the east and west coasters into middle America, where common sense still exists and have some locals talk some sense into them.

OK.......maybe you're a little bit of a hick. :icon_wink: NBL

I don't think I have had a better complement. Love you too!

What? Common sense still exists in places in the U.S.? I thought your politicians had outlawed it and eradicated it everywhere. :P

nick11h, sounds like resistance in one of the connections as said above. Check the switchblocks in case the contacts are dirty, or for a loose ground for the light. Try checking voltage between the bulb connector and the battery negative and for resistance from the bulb ground to the battery negative.