CBR1100XX.org Forum

My Audiovox CC setup

RXX

Craig, I believe, was interested in my linkage. I think I just followed the instructions. Here are some pictures:

Note the last two pictures are of the speedo sensor. I took them just to show where it is located. I THINK I spliced the grey wire for both the pro-oiler and the CC.

post-1606-1231488950.jpg

post-1606-1231488977.jpg

post-1606-1231489009.jpg

post-1606-1231489067.jpg

post-1606-1231489086.jpg

post-1606-1231489103.jpg

post-1606-1231489120.jpg

post-1606-1231489141.jpg

post-1606-1231489156.jpg

post-1606-1231489172.jpg

Craig, I believe, was interested in my linkage. I think I just followed the instructions. Here are some pictures:

Note the last two pictures are of the speedo sensor. I took them just to show where it is located. I THINK I spliced the grey wire for both the pro-oiler and the CC.

What are those funny looking things that you stuffed the blue shop towels into?

:icon_twisted:

Thanks Philip,

It's supposed to rain this weekend, I may do some more of the install.

I like where Justin installed his servo, down near the transmission. But those are the best pictures I have seen for routing the bead chain to the linkage.

Thanks Philip,

It's supposed to rain this weekend, I may do some more of the install.

I like where Justin installed his servo, down near the transmission. But those are the best pictures I have seen for routing the bead chain to the linkage.

I currently have the tank off mine and can take/post a few more pics if wanted. I also have the servo under my tank above the trans.

Vern,

Any pictures would be great.

I wrenched my back at work last week, not doing much real wrenching this weekend.

My biggest concerns have been with the ball chain to throttle linkage. The origional post on Audiovox had a problem with the linkage getting stuck.

I know many of you have many miles with the Audiovox, so I plan to copy your installations.

Thanks,

Craig

Vern,

Any pictures would be great.

I wrenched my back at work last week, not doing much real wrenching this weekend.

My biggest concerns have been with the ball chain to throttle linkage. The origional post on Audiovox had a problem with the linkage getting stuck.

I know many of you have many miles with the Audiovox, so I plan to copy your installations.

Thanks,

Craig

No prob on the pics. I'm at work now but will snap some pics this evening and post. Will show some close ups of the linkage.

I was concerned with the linkage hookup also, but if you analyze closely what is happening during acceleration, you can minimize the amount of ball chain drop by cutting the ball chain to actual need. Then make sure the path of drop is clear in all directions (due to bike lean). I think what was happening is that the ball chain was too long and would get tangled up in plumbing during accel, consequently holding the throttle open unexpectedly :icon_eek: .

Would it make sense to put a VERY light spring on the chain to hold it taut and out of the way?

I'll be installing mine soon, but not till I see all the photos.

Craig, here we go...

Some further away pics of the servo:

post-3573-1231737639.jpgpost-3573-1231737650.jpgpost-3573-1231737664.jpgpost-3573-1231737686.jpg

And the linkage:

post-3573-1231737754.jpgpost-3573-1231737777.jpgpost-3573-1231737790.jpg

I removed the throttle body for a little more unobstructed image:

post-3573-1231737922.jpgpost-3573-1231737933.jpg

Close up of the mating with the linkage (sorry so blurry, digital zooming sucks but you get the idea). I originally drilled a hole and used a screw, but as others have said, the clearance is very small and the screw kept getting caught. Someone actually broke the hole by removing screws too much so I decided to attach with a ziptie eliminating the chance of the wire loop "unlooping" itself from the screw:

post-3573-1231737983.jpgpost-3573-1231737996.jpg

Let me know if you have any other ??? or PM me and we can talk.

Would it make sense to put a VERY light spring on the chain to hold it taut and out of the way?

I'll be installing mine soon, but not till I see all the photos.

Not sure which direction "out of the way" would actually be. There is plumbing down there all around the path.

For me, mounting the bead chain to the rear instead of in front of the throttle body and pulling was out of necessity. I have a Mototeck undertail and there is no room for the servo at the tail, so I mounted it under the tank and could figure no other way to route the servo cable.

Great pictures from all.

Thank you. I now see how the ball chain and servo is mounted.

Vern,

Did I understand that you are using both vehicle speed and tach inputs?

I hope to do this on my installation. That should give the maximum ways to discontinue cruise. Excess RPM, brakes, kill switch, ignition switch, and cruise on / off. I am still trying to decide if I want to install before or after RacerXX.

Vern,

Did I understand that you are using both vehicle speed and tach inputs?

I hope to do this on my installation. That should give the maximum ways to discontinue cruise. Excess RPM, brakes, kill switch, ignition switch, and cruise on / off. I am still trying to decide if I want to install before or after RacerXX.

Actually, I did not use the VSS - much too convoluted of an install that way (I believe Philip did though - or was at least looking into it). You will still discontinue cruise by all your listed ways just using a tach signal. Only benefit to using VSS is that you will keep speed control by speed rather than RPM. Using tach signal only, if you set your speed at say 75mph in 6th gear, rpm would probably be somewhere around 4K. However if you downshift to 5th gear and resume cruise, speed will be set to 4K instead of 75mph. I usually only set cruise for highway use in 6th gear so VSS not an issue for me. Still use a throttle lock for in town usage.

Install not terribly difficult, but you may want to wait until after RacerXX unless you have saddle time to iron out the bugs.

Actually, I did not use the VSS - much too convoluted of an install that way (I believe Philip did though - or was at least looking into it). You will still discontinue cruise by all your listed ways just using a tach signal. Only benefit to using VSS is that you will keep speed control by speed rather than RPM. Using tach signal only, if you set your speed at say 75mph in 6th gear, rpm would probably be somewhere around 4K. However if you downshift to 5th gear and resume cruise, speed will be set to 4K instead of 75mph. I usually only set cruise for highway use in 6th gear so VSS not an issue for me. Still use a throttle lock for in town usage.

Install not terribly difficult, but you may want to wait until after RacerXX unless you have saddle time to iron out the bugs.

I already had tapped into the VSS for my pro-oiler, so it was not a big deal.