CBR1100XX.org Forum

1999 and up mirror/turn signal removal

TOXXIC

Both of my 1998 XX's had simple, round plug male/female turn signal and running lamp connections; which could be quickly disconnected to remove remove the turn signal and mirror from the upper fairing.

On my 2001, I can unplug the running light with the same connection, but the other two wires feed into a plasic junction box that does NOT want to feed through the hole in the fairing for the mirror stay. Please don't tell me I have to pull the upper fairing or gauge surround plastic just to remove the mirror? Can it be wiggled through? Appears the fairing stay encroaches on the hole.

I am trying to install LED resistors to run my new LED front signal bulbs, and I want to replace both mirror cup housings as they had minor scuffs. (I know, I am insanely anal about stuff.)

Thoughts? Wisdom? or laughter from the peanut gallery? :icon_biggrin:

On my '99 I can feed the connectors through the hole one at a time w/o much trouble. After that you can hold them in place with clothes pins. If it gets lose and falls back in, I use one of those long grabber thingys to reach in & fish it out. So it can be done.

Tox,

I got a tiny bit of wisdom... don't mess with the signal resistors. Buy a new turn signal relay from the auto store... makes sure it says LED on it (the actual part). About $3-$6. Then replace that into your current relay spot... and connect/solder in the wires. My 2cents. Thought I had a couple pics, but must not have uploaded them.

• 2 weeks later...