CBR1100XX.org Forum

For Sale -- 1975 Kawasaki 500H1F

Short version of the long story---cash flow is bad right now and no signs of improving, so I need to start liquidating the toys.

Up for sale is my 1975 Kawasaki 500H1F. Some of you may remember a thread in the pub about it following me home in the spring of this year. I did not purchase this to resell, but to keep in my collection. However, necessity is a bitch, and I've decided to move my non-Honda equipment first.

Link to that thread from March 2008

There's a picture in that link, and for reasons of brevity/time, I'll not be going into great detail in this ad. As a collectable machine, I'll need to go over it in detail with a potential buyer. Its not a learner bike for a friend or family member, a backup bike, or a cheap commuter. For those of you who didn't grow up with these bikes, its a three cylinder two-stroke that could turn 13 second 100mph quarter miles in the hands of a dragstrip god...an incredible level of performance for its time.

This is a one owner bike....I've never changed the title over, and have driven it less than 2 miles, only to make sure that it all works, which it does. There's less than 10,000 miles. It has the original tires. Never restored, driven every year until last summer (2007) when it went up and down the block and was put away in the garage. The gentleman that owned it for the last 32 years felt he was getting too old to be kickstarting it.

This item is priced at $2000. I feel there's significant value in the knowledge that it had a single owner for its entire life and that it was operated regularly. Its intact the way it was originally purchased...no aftermarket turnsignals, rewiring, etc. The bike is not cobbled or beat up. It shows the patina and fading of a bike that's been used for 30 years...not abused. There's also value in that I'm selling the bike...I've examined the bike, run it, and have a somewhat mechanical mind. Its a reasonably known quantity without a veiled description such as you'll find on eBay or Craigslist (such as "didn't start it, so no idea if it runs or not"). Other board members have seen it run, and believe as I do that the motor is as good as you'll ever find.

So that's the story in brief. There's much more to tell about it, I just don't feel like typing it all out here. Starts, runs, goes down the road, and while its completely functional as it is, I couldn't imagine a better candidate for a super restoration. There's no broken fins, or large missing parts for you to spend weeks searching the globe for. This is a collector bike, and I'm sure if you're not interested, one of your friends might be. Please let them know.

The bike is located in northern Pennsylvania. I'll do whatever I can within reason to assist with transport to a new owner. $2000

Contact me here or in an email to ixxion97@yahoo.com

If anyone here has a hankering for anything else they've seen in my garage, please get in touch. I'm motivated to moving stock...but I'm not giving it away. I think I'm pretty fair with my prices, but I need the money, not the room at this point. Thanks.

Skull....don't bother. I'm not above deleting your posts. :icon_biggrin::icon_twisted:

HUGE demand for these bikes. Good luck with a quick sale. Should make someone a perfect X-mas present.

Joe, thought I'd throw my .02 cents in here as a witness.

When I was @ NeXXT, Joe put me up for a couple days.

For shits -n- grins, we rolled the H1 out and within three kicks

it sprung to life. I have owned an H1 and I must say, this H1

ran with no rattleing noise, didn't miss a beat and had good

throttle response right from stone cold. Much better motor

than the memories of my H1, as if the motor had been balanced.

I know it sounds to good to be true. It was that much better than my H1.

A good collectors piece.

Cool little bike. I had an early seventies Suzuki gt 500 twin. Scary fast. Reall scary suspension and brakes.

...The first thread had comment about wheelies. ....I heard they came off with little effort. I'm not a wheelie rider myself but I'm old enough to remember the day.

:icon_evilgrin:

The first thread had comment about wheelies. ....I heard they came off with little effort. I'm not a wheelie rider myself but I'm old enough to remember the day.

Well it should wheelie easily. Heck my friend and I used to wheelie side by side, him on his Yamaha RD350, me on my Honda CB360T. The H1 had way more power.

Nice bike Joe, good luck with the sale.

The first thread had comment about wheelies. ....I heard they came off with little effort. I'm not a wheelie rider myself but I'm old enough to remember the day.

Well it should wheelie easily. Heck my friend and I used to wheelie side by side, him on his Yamaha RD350, me on my Honda CB360T. The H1 had way more power.

Nice bike Joe, good luck with the sale.

"Should wheelie" is a gross understatement. The H1 had a non-linear increase in power at about 6500rpm. If you were not sitting on the gas tank leaning forward you could end up on your ass watching a light show of sparks as your bike was destroyed.

That rush is what these bikes are all about. They are hard to handle; not they don't handle well. When you grab a hand full of throttle, you have your hands full.

I think cudgel had one of these. Wonder if he wants to relive his youth?

I used to ride a friend's H2. That was fun and the sound and smell of that 2-stroke were wonderful.

I think cudgel had one of these. Wonder if he wants to relive his youth?

I used to ride a friend's H2. That was fun and the sound and smell of that 2-stroke were wonderful.

Yes, Cudgel had an H1 with a plus,(worked over muchly), and has a broken clavicle that will never heal. When you hear your own bones snap it's time to quit drinking and grass flat tracking your H1+. Like to have it but this blackbird project is consuming me at the moment. Good luck on your sale.

• 4 weeks later...