CBR1100XX.org Forum

Chain and Sprockets

TJ1137

I was also wondering if there is much difference in noise going from the stock front sprocket to one like this that doesn't have a damper.

When I went with an 18T front, I had to get a non-damper sprocket and, to be honest,

I really can't tell any difference in drive line noise. Maybe someone with better hearing

would hear it, but I don't.

Last time I ordered from them, they were out of nearly all rear sprocket sizes except the 44t, Even though it shows they have it in stock they probably dont, call first to make sure.

Last I heard, these were discontinued & very low on stock. (via phone conversation)

I want to change my chain and sprockets. It's about that time I think. Anyone know if these are good pieces?

Stealth

Yeah I got a set of 16/46 Stealth sprockets and a DID 530ZVM2 about 2 months ago and have had them on for ~ 2000km and so far so good :icon_surprised:

I did change the front for a 17T Honda sprocket last week as the 16/46 was fun for a while doing easy 1st & 2nd gear power wheelies and the occasional one into 3rd :icon_evilgrin:

Ultimately though my fuel consumption went up on the 65km each way mostly Hwy run to work and back and I could feel it revving higher.

Also the speedo and Odo were way out (speedo read ~15kmh high @ 100kmh and Odo added 1.1km every 10km :icon_think: )

The OEM Honda sprocket is slightly smoother than the SC one but whether it's from the damper or the larger diameter I don't know :icon_confused:

The increase in acceleration with the 16/46 was amazing though :icon_eek: It just went like a bat out of hell (when you could keep the front down :icon_think: ) even in a roll on from 100kmh it just pulled like a train all the way to ~315kmh indicated :icon_biggrin:

The Stealth 46T rear is quite a bit lighter than the previous AFAM 44T :icon_surprised:

Thanks for all the replies guys. That helps. I was thinking of gearing down a bit. I was going to go up 1-2 teeth on the rear, and leave the 17 front the same. Maybe I'll stay stock though, considering a Dbl X really has no acceleration problems to begin with :D

Nice!

My XX is ready for the same. I was also wondering if there is much difference in noise going from the stock front sprocket to one like this that doesn't have a damper.

After reading some other posts in here, I went back to the stock Honda 17T front and I think there is a HUGE difference in noise. Much quieter with the damper-type sprocket. If you want to gear down, order a stock front sprocket for an '02 VFR800. It is 16 teeth and has the damper.

+1 You need the damper. It HOWLS if you don't have one...very annoying. I couldn't hardly wait to get enough miles on the set to justify going back to OEM parts.

Interesting...I have switched to the 16T non-dampener sprocket and with 15k miles I really haven't noted much difference. I love the additional acceleration.

FYI...I have at least 20k on sprockets with a dampener.

Maybe different bikes noise levels are impacted different ways (dif chains, etc).

Mines a daily rider....came to work today and it was 21 degrees...FUN!