CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tyre-Dog

kiwimack

Thanks Al,

After seeing the TYRE-DOG you had at NEXXT I got a set for the wifes cage and a set for my bird the last time I was back... works great.

wife doesn't really care but hey.

Only complaint is the size of the valve cap and its a bit spendy.

Sure easy to check pressures now...

real easy to install and set up..............

clickey

cage clickey

"A bit spendy?" Damn! I'd call that "out of the question."

I could see the benefit if you had a truck and you did a lot pulling/hauling for long distances. If it prevented a couple of blown-out tires, it would pay for itself.

On a motorcycle, you should be able to tell when your tires are low way before they get down to a dangerous level. If I'm under 30psi in the front on my BB, I can tell as soon as I pull out of my driveway. The rear has to be below 25 before I can tell and usually takes a couple of corners.

I could see the benefit if you had a truck and you did a lot pulling/hauling for long distances. If it prevented a couple of blown-out tires, it would pay for itself.

On a motorcycle, you should be able to tell when your tires are low way before they get down to a dangerous level. If I'm under 30psi in the front on my BB, I can tell as soon as I pull out of my driveway. The rear has to be below 25 before I can tell and usually takes a couple of corners.

I like gadgets and the colors just right.............it matches my pro oiler,the garmin, the radar detector, the air horn the wavy rotors, yadayada................ :icon_whistle:

I like gadgets and the colors just right.............it matches my pro oiler,the garmin, the radar detector, the air horn the wavy rotors, yadayada................ :icon_whistle:

Why do anything manually when you can farkle it electronically?! :icon_biggrin:

Besides, the Tyre Dog will warn you to check your tire while you are on the road (should you pick up a nail) and lets you know your tire's temp (no hard charging corners till they warm up :icon_nono: ).

FWIW, It will probably be factory mandated on future bike models, anyway.

It's not going to replace a tire gauge or common pre-ride check procedures, it's just a little bit of extra insurance.

Why do anything manually when you can farkle it electronically?! :icon_biggrin:

Besides, the Tyre Dog will warn you to check your tire while you are on the road (should you pick up a nail) and lets you know your tire's temp (no hard charging corners till they warm up :icon_nono: ).

FWIW, It will probably be factory mandated on future bike models, anyway.

It's not going to replace a tire gauge or common pre-ride check procedures, it's just a little bit of extra insurance.

I guessed I missed the part about temperature sensing. That would be kinda cool. :icon_think:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have used the tyre dog and it nearly ripped the whole valve stem out of the wheel. you need metal stems that bolt into the rims as the rubber ones will pull out

I was showing them off when I saw the stems where bent over I thought wheel balance was the problem but I think it is the weight being at the end of the valve stem and oscilating when driving. There ok driving in town.