CBR1100XX.org Forum

Spyke Titanium back protector, large, used.

Don't buy from this guy. He claims used but I know he provides new.

The item may look slightly used in the picture but they always come new in person.

Also, look at his feedback...all good. Not a single bad review. Something is up.

:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

What ya getting in place of this?

Just found a deal on one of these-

bohn300.jpg

I'm thinking a little kidney, shoulder blade and tailbone protection is a good thing, especially after hear about Dean's leathers wearing through on his shoulder blades. If I can sell the Spyke, it's a cheapish upgrade for me.

Thanks for the feedback, Dave, but I promise this is used. :icon_wink:

What ya getting in place of this?

Just found a deal on one of these-

bohn300.jpg

I'm thinking a little kidney, shoulder blade and tailbone protection is a good thing, especially after hear about Dean's leathers wearing through on his shoulder blades. If I can sell the Spyke, it's a cheapish upgrade for me.

Thanks for the feedback, Dave, but I promise this is used. :icon_wink:

Nice, I should get one of those for nexxt session.

The Bohn obviously offers a lot more protection. I did try it on with my leathers and it makes gearing up a little more involved than it used to be. It's large enough that it's about impossible to put leathers on over it without displacing it somewhat. Then you do a little dance while trying to reach through the neck in back to straighten in out. I'm sure this will be very amusing to any onlookers.

Once that little ritual is done, it's nice and comfy. Doesn't affect fit of the leathers much more than the Spyke did. No plans to crash test it, but I'll keep you posted :icon_wink:

Mine rides up to the back of my neck and affects the range of motion to my head so when I'm in the full tuck position I have a hard time tilting my head up to see through the wind screen... maybe I need to trim it some.

I suppose riding up is a possibility with the Bohn. With that extension for the tailbone down there I could see it happening, but won't know until I do a few laps with it.

I'll report back in February. :icon_razz:

Might need to add a crotch strap to keep it in place. I have the bohn and it does creep up a little.

hehehehehehe He said crotch!!!