CBR1100XX.org Forum

Nothing to see here

i'd like two, as i have two custom-built oops receivers (they're plastic, but the carbon-fiber stickers make them look authentic ) and i would like to use currency other than "traditional" legal tender:

a 3/8 inch drill bit, forstner style, wicked dull

a 9 inch usb cable that came with a .8 megapixel digital camera

an unopened box of triscuits from my 1991 bills superbowl victory party

an illustrated kama sutra featuring ricardo montalban and gavin "captain steubing" macleod

dog leash training dvd narrated by carol channing

a 16 inch long 2x4 with the phrase "long live gil gerard!" lovingly wood-burned into it

a vhs tape of an obviously drunk sandy duncan reciting dirty limericks

and a v-belt for the drive system of a 1982 craftsman 1.0hp air compressor

as i am unable, obviously, to determine the vast value of such a trove, i'll leave it to you, the groupbuy moderator, to tell me what i might expect as change.

thank you for your time.

an unopened box of triscuits from my 1991 bills superbowl victory party

an illustrated kama sutra featuring ricardo montalban and gavin "captain steubing" macleod

dog leash training dvd narrated by carol channing

a 16 inch long 2x4 with the phrase "long live gil gerard!" lovingly wood-burned into it

a vhs tape of an obviously drunk sandy duncan reciting dirty limericks

and a v-belt for the drive system of a 1982 craftsman 1.0hp air compressor

Dibs!

I'll offer as a trade:

- six pairs of mismatched Argyle socks

- Michael Jackson's other glove (unused, mint condition)

- a set of headbolts for a '33 Willys

- two used taser cartridges

- a fruitcake from Christmas '75

- ticket stubs to Peggy Fleming's triumphant return to Holiday On Ice

- an incomplete set of Teletubbies dinnerware

- a door handle from a pre-production Edsel

- the first season of Thunder In Paradise on Betamax

I just found this thread by oops, so obviously I already am well equipped in the oops area. Not to cut in on your action but I'm sure my oops is superior to yours. As I only have the one, I am not willing to sell it, but for a fee I will let everyone ogle it and for a bit more even touch it. Interested parties should pm me for details!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

No guaranty or warranty is either implied or expressed. This oops is for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities between this oops and any other oops is purely coincidental and not intended. Use of this oops for its intended purpose can have health consequinces or side effects. User assumes all responsibility!

Those last two posts just crack me up. Very creative.

Thats what I thought too. Then I realized they are just jotting down the items they can see lying around their computer desks.

A couple of setbacks with the oops production run. Someone tripped on the fabrication machine cord, which actually is a break from the norm, since the staff mostly trips on acid. It was days before anyone realized what had happened, so we're looking at a double secret probationary backorder situation.

As a deposit, the best thing to do is send me a large box containing the most valuable things you currently possess - some of you have already posted a list - plus whatever cash you have laying about. Please, no live or dead animals. I'll assess the value of your deposit and, after adding a reasonably stiff assessment fee, will let you know how much more you owe.

I'm really torn between offering the oops in both metric and standard sizes. I'm even toying with the idea of doing a short run of whitworth oops.

Let me know what you guys would prefer.

I've got three of these...wish they were worth what I paid for them in the last group buy.

If this falls through, I'm interested in the VHS and Beta tapes.

Logo, I don't think you can do Whitworth. Last I knew, the Mexican government had purchased all rights, and production of any Whitworth product can only be done under license in the Whitworthcia region of Mexico. If I read it right, that's the only place its legal to measure in Whitworth as well. I guess you could have them manufacture your Whitworth oops there, but apparently the only way in or out is by rail....and that's the only place there are Whitworth gauge tracks.

I've got three of these...wish they were worth what I paid for them in the last group buy.

If this falls through, I'm interested in the VHS and Beta tapes.

Logo, I don't think you can do Whitworth. Last I knew, the Mexican government had purchased all rights, and production of any Whitworth product can only be done under license in the Whitworthcia region of Mexico. If I read it right, that's the only place its legal to measure in Whitworth as well. I guess you could have them manufacture your Whitworth oops there, but apparently the only way in or out is by rail....and that's the only place there are Whitworth gauge tracks.

Man, you're just full of good news. So Mexico has a lock on Whitworth, huh?

I know its a bitch doing business with Mexico unless you know somebody. I had a matching set of Fuxups made over there a couple of years ago and they didn't do a bad job. A few tooling marks here and there, but that's nit-picking. I was having some difficulty getting the Fuxups past US Customs so I had an outfit called "Coyote Distributing" bring them over by foot. Best part is, you can get the delivery guy to do your yard work for cheap once he's here.

Hey, the Whitworth oops was just an idea. I don't have to go that route. I just thought maybe some of the UK guys would be interested.

Now that we are talking about payment options, would you accept a nicely drawn spider in lieu of cash?? If you already have one, I could draw a bug of your choice. I could forward my drawings to Crusty or your wife to get a fair value before submitting for payment.

Now for the metric versus standard question. Being as this is primarily a Honda board, I would have to strongly recommend the metric option.

Now that we are talking about payment options, would you accept a nicely drawn spider in lieu of cash?? If you already have one, I could draw a bug of your choice. I could forward my drawings to Crusty or your wife to get a fair value before submitting for payment.

Now for the metric versus standard question. Being as this is primarily a Honda board, I would have to strongly recommend the metric option.

I recommend that you send your spider drawing to Crusty first and preferably by fax. Make sure the spider is very big and completely black. Send 20 or so copies just in case he loses a couple.

This is primarily a HONDA board? Since when? I've noted your preference for metric oops and will advise my oops production staff that at least one oops customer is leaning that way.

I recommend that you send your spider drawing to Crusty first and preferably by fax. Make sure the spider is very big and completely black. Send 20 or so copies just in case he loses a couple.

This is primarily a HONDA board? Since when? I've noted your preference for metric oops and will advise my oops production staff that at least one oops customer is leaning that way.

I appreciate your trust in Crusty's talent. Do you have his fax number by chance?

I appreciate your trust in Crusty's talent. Do you have his fax number by chance?

No I don't, but he'll give it to you straight away if you PM him and tell him you're from the US Consulate in Nigeria and need to fax him in regards to a pressing financial matter.

No I don't, but he'll give it to you straight away if you PM him and tell him you're from the US Consulate in Nigeria and need to fax him in regards to a pressing financial matter.

That actually worked both times I needed to send him something.

That actually worked both times I needed to send him something.

Both times? I guess it's true what they say...its always easier the second time.

Fuckers.

Update on the oops. As you have probably figured out, these aren't just your average oops. I went to a lot of trouble to source high quality oops, but you always pay for what you get.

I've got two metrosexual oops left - one used but in good condition aside from a bit of DNA here and there and one brand new one in the box. The elbows on the new one look worn, but that's how they came from the manufacturer. Don't give me a rash of shit about it.

The non-metro black oops are back-ordered. I was promised delivery on the first Tues. after the fourth Wed., but you never know.

I've got my supplier in San Fran working on the red oops. The guy's always bent over backwards for me in the past. I know waiting sucks, but be patient.

Carbon Fiber oops? You must be dreaming. Sure, CF would make a hell-for-strong oop, but it'd be much to stiff to be comfortable. Maybe I can get you some peel and stick carbon fiber decals that you can put on one of the black oops.

It was a royal pain in the ass, but I went ahead and got three of the oops done in purple. So, if anyone wants a S, M, or L in that color, give me a shout. I only got three smalls, so I'd have to order the other sizes.

BTW, none of the oops should be considered safety garments or worn for more than 5 minutes at a time. Don't come crying to me if you don't follow the instructions and a rash breaks out.

Any updates on this?

Fuckers.

Update on the oops. As you have probably figured out, these aren't just your average oops. I went to a lot of trouble to source high quality oops, but you always pay for what you get.

I've got two metrosexual oops left - one used but in good condition aside from a bit of DNA here and there and one brand new one in the box. The elbows on the new one look worn, but that's how they came from the manufacturer. Don't give me a rash of shit about it.

The non-metro black oops are back-ordered. I was promised delivery on the first Tues. after the fourth Wed., but you never know.

I've got my supplier in San Fran working on the red oops. The guy's always bent over backwards for me in the past. I know waiting sucks, but be patient.

Carbon Fiber oops? You must be dreaming. Sure, CF would make a hell-for-strong oop, but it'd be much to stiff to be comfortable. Maybe I can get you some peel and stick carbon fiber decals that you can put on one of the black oops.

It was a royal pain in the ass, but I went ahead and got three of the oops done in purple. So, if anyone wants a S, M, or L in that color, give me a shout. I only got three smalls, so I'd have to order the other sizes.

BTW, none of the oops should be considered safety garments or worn for more than 5 minutes at a time. Don't come crying to me if you don't follow the instructions and a rash breaks out.

Any updates on this?

Yes, in a way.

Are these OOPS available for LH drive countries and what would the postage be to West Australia :icon_confused:

I'm going to have to meet with my production people on this. Several keep wandering off, so I can't give you a definite time for a response. I know it won't be as soon as last week, though.

Postage to West Australia varies. It really depends on how much the prevailing winds affect the fuel surcharge. We can determine this once we get closer to a ship date. Too bad you're not in West Austria because I know that rate.