CBR1100XX.org Forum

Audiovox ccs-100

pm sent :icon_naughty:

Stan, you're gonna love having that. It's a GODSEND on long trips.

Been looking since you guys were talking about the vacuum accumulator deal. Almost bought the one from the link that was posted for 86 with shipping.

yeah tm is good but not good enough.

pm sent :icon_naughty:

Stan, you're gonna love having that. It's a GODSEND on long trips.

Been looking since you guys were talking about the vacuum accumulator deal. Almost bought the one from the link that was posted for 86 with shipping.

yeah tm is good but not good enough.

TM is handy when you're running around town.. but if you're doing any highway miles at all, just knowing that you're not accidentally going to find yourself at 90 mph because you crested a hill is really great. With a TM, I can only take my hand off the gas for second or two, but with the cruise control, I never have to touch the throttle.

I also did 42 miles straight through Ohio at 78 mph without touching the handle bars on my way to PriXXs this year.

Just a quick tip for after you have the cc installed.... ALWAYS volunteer to be the lead bike in a group. Even if the lead guy has a cc, it is next to impossible to match the speeds. At least for me it is much easier to use riding alone than with a group.

Just a quick tip for after you have the cc installed.... ALWAYS volunteer to be the lead bike in a group. Even if the lead guy has a cc, it is next to impossible to match the speeds. At least for me it is much easier to use riding alone than with a group.

I found that after installing the accumulator, throttle response is much better and faster enabling me to get a good speed match in short order.

Like Rich, I also use the TM a lot in the city and the CC for longer slabbing.