CBR1100XX.org Forum

I hit a German Shepherd and need plastic

county

Fcuker was over 100 pounds easy. Came at me like he really wanted me. I slowed a bit as he approached then accelerated but the fcuker collided with the right lower and the front cowl and broke them both. I kept the bike up and saw him get up and run back into the yard with the electric fence :icon_biggrin: he came out of.

Anyway, that was the fun part. Now, where is a good place to get the front cowl, right lower and decal (Does decal come on the panel)?

I already called a local shop's parts department and and they are talking over $1000 for parts listed above.

You can say fucker here, county. This isn't STB, or whatever that is...

Don't know what year your bike is, but count on paying $430 for the upper cowl and $280 for the lower from Ronayers.com or Honda Directline. Panels come painted with decals.

Thanx.

I dropped the comprehensive just this year on the bike cause Geico jumped it to over $1000 per year on a 99 model. Hopefully the dog's owner will either pay me off or turn it over to his homeowners insurance. I haven't been in contact yet...I think he's out of town as no response to my note or answer to his phone.

How much work is involved in replacing that front cowl? I got a manual but want to hear somebody say it's easy or it's a lotta work?

I think a German Sheppard would look better furred, but if you really want to, I'm sure someone can custom make some panels for it. :icon_whistle:

Well, I got fur stuck in cracks on the cowl and side panel...and it doesn't look good.

I'll tell you it kinda made me nervous having 100 plus pounds of dog coming at me full tilt. And it surprised me when he got up and ran back into his yard. The fucker was out there sunning himself today when I drove by.

I'm wondering what he's gonna do the next time I come by on the bike.

There is a complete set of plastics here on eBay for $579 Buy-it-now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CBR11...emZ220283058868

How close to factory is this seller. It sure is cheap.

Holy Crap, Look who showed up to the party!!!!

Check the shipping,,,

I think LeCock is maybe going to get a set. But, have not heard from reliable sources as to fit an finish, and there are different sellers supplying different sets. I know they will not match factory colors. Check the feed back. I will bet they will need fitting and will not come with all the factory type of mounts and insulation.

How much work is involved in replacing that front cowl? I got a manual but want to hear somebody say it's easy or it's a lotta work?

Half an hour if you've done it.

2 hours if you haven't. It looks like a pack of work the first time, but its not hard once you learn the subgroups...like where all the little plastic locks are.

Oh, and if you're like most of these guys, budget an extra hour for cleaning all the places you can't normally get to.

Pull the four dash pieces, take the bolts out of the windscreen and slide it out gently. Reach in, grab your turn signal leads and unclip them. Two bolts on each mirror housing and the mirrors are off. Take the plastic rivets out from underneath, the three snazzy bolts out of each side of the cowl, and consider taking the upper side cowl bolt out to help things line up when you put it together. Pull the headlight plugs and the wire harness hold-down on the left side. Stretch the fairing over the mirror horns and slide it off.

Swap out the headlight, and reinstall reverse of removal. If it doesn't fit right, your fairing stay is tweaked. And put scotch tape over the well nuts on the windscreen to hold them in place if they're remotely loose.

Voyla.

spoke to the guy on ebay where i felt the best deal/ service was and the kits are for the fi birds only so not for me.

fit and finish everyone says the pcs will have to be massaged in to place and the fit is not perfect, which is to be expected.

I am negotiating with a chop shop for a set for my 97, needs to be wet sanded and buffed with a few scratches.

keeping my fingers crossed.

thanks for the how to on the front cowl.

hmm gonna have to get some simple green together for the hard to reach places.

a bientot

le coq.

What is the difference between the Fi birds and the 97/98's????

:icon_cool:

Mounting for the oil cooler duct in the upper (mine's an FI upper... I just bolted an L-bracket to the under side of the lower, and to the back side of the duct... done.), and I know the tail light is different, so I can only assume the tail section plastic is different as well...

Mike

What is the difference between the Fi birds and the 97/98's????

:icon_cool:

Mounting for the oil cooler duct in the upper (mine's an FI upper... I just bolted an L-bracket to the under side of the lower, and to the back side of the duct... done.), and I know the tail light is different, so I can only assume the tail section plastic is different as well...

Mike

edited

I didin't know there was a difference .....

the tail pieces are the same, the diference is the lower part of the tail light the actual top shape of the tail light is the same.

You can say fucker here, county. This isn't STB, or whatever that is...

Don't know what year your bike is, but count on paying $430 for the upper cowl and $280 for the lower from Ronayers.com or Honda Directline. Panels come painted with decals.

Thanx.

I dropped the comprehensive just this year on the bike cause Geico jumped it to over $1000 per year on a 99 model. Hopefully the dog's owner will either pay me off or turn it over to his homeowners insurance. I haven't been in contact yet...I think he's out of town as no response to my note or answer to his phone.

You are going to need to get a police report. The homeowner will need it for his insurance. Take some of the hair as evidence.

Also, a German Shepard will obviously not be stopped by an electric fence. I'd call the dog warden too before someone gets hurt.

Here's another option:

Contact Empire GP and have them fix/paint it for you:

http://www.empiregp.com/

You email them pictures, they give you an estimate.

Good people, and thanks to having to think all day at work, I don't remember the guy's name who's also a board member here.

Here's another option:

Contact Empire GP and have them fix/paint it for you:

http://www.empiregp.com/

You email them pictures, they give you an estimate.

Good people, and thanks to having to think all day at work, I don't remember the guy's name who's also a board member here.

+1

I know Bob personally (please don't hold that against him :icon_redface: ) and he does excellent work as cheap as possible. I'd sooner have him work on my bike than most anyone else I know out there.