CBR1100XX.org Forum

R1 R/R Connectors Back in Stock!

OK, same deal as last time, but everything's gone up a little... wire prices, connector cost increase, etc...

All prices include "low and slow" USPS shipping in the CONUS. The prices below are for Paypal or check by mail.

PM me for payment details

Connector alone, with female pins $7.50

med_gallery_991_532_331942.jpg

med_gallery_991_532_23626.jpg

Standard pigtail... I solder on (3) yellow wires, a red wire, and a green wire, 4" long leads, and pack the connector full of dielectric grease, so it's a solder wire to wire (or crimp, in a pinch) affair. $13.50

med_gallery_991_532_165734.jpg

"Plug and Play" pigtail ('97 to '00)... Same as Standard Pigtail, but I solder (and heat shrink) the male terminals on the ends of the wires, so in a pinch (on the road), you can replace the R/R with a Yamaha unit, without crimping or soldering wires. $18.00

med_gallery_991_532_519879.jpg

"Plug and Play" pigtail ('01 to '03)... Same idea as the early model plug and play, but with 33" long wires, as the R/R is located on the other side of the tail section. The late model 'birds also use (2) pins for ground and (2) pins for power, so I wire them together at the start, by the Yamaha connector. I will sell these for $26.00, but see below:

NOTE: The R/R is a piece of silicon that takes what it needs, and shunts the rest to ground. Honda did a good thing with the later model 'birds by using (2) connections for both GND and +B... Putting on a Yamaha R/R and replacing those (2) connections with (1) basically puts you in the same position as the earlier 'birds with Yamaha R/R's... Cal noticed (and told me about) that the terminal in the connector that is almost always fried is the Ground, which makes sense because the R/R shunts everything to ground that it doesn't need, so the Ground will have the highest current a lot of the time. My suggestion is to buy an OEM replacement R/R for your '01-'03 Blackbird, but I will make these if you want them, because I know the Yamaha R/R is much cheaper.

med_gallery_991_532_336762.jpg

Mike

BartonMD, do those connectors you get fit the pin-out on a stock XX R/R? I cracked up my connector and need a replacement...

No, they don't... That's why we can't just use our stock connector on the R1 R/R...

Also, I shipped the (3) orders that I got paypal'd for, yesterday...

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...