CBR1100XX.org Forum

Low-Fuel Light on 98 Bird

googus

How many miles do you get after light come on-on a 97-98 Bird?

I ran out of fuel today on 190 tank.

Fuel light came on at 162 and i normally have a good room to spare but not today.

Just some thoughts would be cool.

How many miles do you get after light come on-on a 97-98 Bird?

I ran out of fuel today on 190 tank.

Fuel light came on at 162 and i normally have a good room to spare but not today.

Just some thoughts would be cool.

Sounds about normal to me ... 190 is pushing it.. mine comes on about 160-170 also, and you have about .6 gallons left, so do the math. Sounds like yours was dead on.

• 2 weeks later...

If I top the tank off, I get 100 miles till the needle hits full: 150 miles and the needle hits 1/2, and right around 195 the light comes on at the red zone..I have hit 200 till red light too. IIRC, the furthest I've ridden till fill up was 215. This is with 18-44 gearing...Hank

How many of you are running the speedo healer?

I was running 10% too high on mileage (and speed) until I put the speedo healer on.

My mileage is now accurate...and unfortunately isn't as good as before I had the Speedo Healer...

I believe the gearing change puts the speedo pretty damn close on my bike.

No GPS to be sure...

I've got 18F and 45R and my speedo is bang on, but my odometer is 7% low now.

I have a custom made map and can do about 180 Miles(corrected) if traveling 75-85MPH on the highway before the my gauge starts blinking(equiv of the low fuel light)

I believe the gearing change puts the speedo pretty damn close on my bike.

No GPS to be sure...

I've got 18F and 45R and my speedo is bang on, but my odometer is 7% low now.

I have a custom made map and can do about 180 Miles(corrected) if traveling 75-85MPH on the highway before the my gauge starts blinking(equiv of the low fuel light)

So a fuel mileage calc. would require adding 7% to the miles traveled first, eh?

Good to know...Thanks

On avg I get 260-265km (161-164miles) to the red light with semi spirited riding then have gotten about another 50km (31miles) to bone dry while taking it easy :icon_confused:

So about the same as you googus (that's with 17/44 gears) :icon_surprised:

• 2 months later...

Hi

Fuel light on at 100-120 vand tank dry at 147.

found out about the 147 when the fuel light failed and I had to push the bike to a garage after work.

stage one dynojet kit and K&N filter micron carbon slip ons with 4-6 degree of ignition advance.

Paddy

I too have noticed that the gauge on my 98 is sluggish. I watch the mileage on the OD. If I'm riding normal on the highway, I have seen the light come on at about the 200 mile mark. I stopped and filled up at 215. She took almost 6 gals. so I figured I didn't have much more left. My MPG was pretty good, I calculated about 43. Work related commuting, my MPG ranges from 37 to 39 sometimes 40. Now if I ride a little more spirited, which does happen, the worst I've seen was less than 150 miles with the light coming on in the 130 range. Worst MPG was around 35. All things considered, not bad for a 10 year old carby. Bike is stock except for some two bros. slip ons. Just my 2c. Cheers.