CBR1100XX.org Forum

Apropovic full system

fireyxx

I've also been offered a apropovic full system, is anyone running one of these on a carby bird, what's it like, can you get at the oil filter and can you retain the center stand, thanks, Rhys.

amazing ystem, I think it sounds the best, I have a carbonfiber can which looks great on my black bird..cant keep the centerstand unless you make alittle bracket to keep the centerstand from coming up to high and hitting the chain, there is a thread somewhere on here that shows what to do, I gained 11 hp with the pipe and jet kit, keep the stock airfilter, works better.

I noticed a big diference in the way it runs much less of a flat spot in the middle, and wheelies like a champ. (I also went one tooth down on the front sproket which unless all you do is highway riding you will love).

have fun with the new pipe it sounds great and is very resonably quiet at highway speeds but get on it and she lets people know your on something with big balls.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the full system on a 97 carb and it made me keep my XX. Like a new bike! I ride it more than my new VTX1800R (anyone want to buy a VTX w/ 3000 miles?).

I did the KN filter and jet kit, as well.

Major loss of weight - the entire system weighs less than one stock can. I may have to load up the front to keep the wheel on the ground.

BTW - I picked mine up on EBay for about $450 shipped.

Does either of you boys who have Akrapovic full systems fitted to your B.Birds fancy measuring up the pipes for me? :grin: I need to know the pipe diameter and header length from the head to the point where it merges with the other pipe in the collector.......also the secondary diameter and length......... and the final pipe diameter would be nice to know....... :wink:

are you tryin to build your own set of pipes, Knight? if you would of asked for the dimensions before I put em on I woul dhvae gladly done it, but , they aint coming off any time soon.. so your out of luck here.. sorry..