CBR1100XX.org Forum

Planning to sell Ti 2000 CBR1100XX w/786 miles

I am planning to sell my low mileage, excellent condition Titanium 2000 CBR1100XX. I bought it brand new back in 2000 for about $12000.

My last bike was a CB900F with the CBX fairing kit. I put over 30K miles on it, but just after I picked up the Blackbird my job/life changed and it has left me with no time to ride.

I am located in South OC, California and have taken this on regular short trips, changed the oil many times and replaced the battery when needed. It has been garage kept, never tipped or scratched and looks like it came off the showroom.

How much would this bike be worth and how would you recommend selling it?

Send me a PM if you would like to discuss this or are interested.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Cheers,

Jay

P6280123.jpg

P6280164.jpg

P6280167.jpg

Wow what a nice bike! Very Low miles. NADA has got the bike at $4,700 which I thought was a bit low. Kelly BB has got it at $5,500 a little better. I bought my '02 in '04 with 900 miles on it for $6,800. In my opinion you should get at least $7,500 to $8,500. I think you have a great machine there.

No it was my bad reading I didn't get much sleep last night I saw it after and went back and edited my post SORRY for the words damn I wish I wasn't so far away from you I am trying to get my friend to buy one but they all have 20k plus miles on them and he is leaning towards a zx14 or a busa cause they are new.

No it was my bad reading I didn't get much sleep last night I saw it after and went back and edited my post SORRY for the words damn I wish I wasn't so far away from you I am trying to get my friend to buy one but they all have 20k plus miles on them and he is leaning towards a zx14 or a busa cause they are new.

I've got a 2000 with 20K on it and wish you were closer!! I'd buy it!! Oh well, very very nice and good luck with the sale. Someone will be the happy new owner.

Chicks dig the titanium bikes as they are the fastest color.

But, apparently, they don't like to turn... :icon_twisted:

Just mine, seems every bike I've owned has had the same defect...........me.

I'm still waiting for the chicks too......ones that are not members of AARP.

Chicks dig the titanium bikes as they are the fastest color.

But, apparently, they don't like to turn... :icon_twisted:

Just mine, seems every bike I've owned has had the same defect...........me.

I'm still waiting for the chicks too......ones that are not members of AARP.

then keep your helmet on, old man! :icon_biggrin:

Mike

I'd have been all over it being here in San Diego, had I not bought and upgraded my '98 I bought in February. And I only have 17K on it......

But I'd have bought your bike in a second otherwise. Good luck....nice bike!

In my opinion you should get at least $7,500 to $8,500.

No doubt your bike is as minty as they come...but dont expect to sell it for those #'s.

$5500 -$6500 is more realistic.

+1.

$7500-8500 gets you a new '08 bike.

In my opinion you should get at least $7,500 to $8,500.

No doubt your bike is as minty as they come...but dont expect to sell it for those #'s.

$5500 -$6500 is more realistic.

+1.

$7500-8500 gets you a new '08 bike.

Or a very low mile 2003!

Still a sweet bike though!

Thank you everyone for the nice comments and information. I drove this one off the show room floor for $11,665 back on 5/24/2000. I can still remember how impressed I was with this new bike. :icon_biggrin:

What happened that you only put 786 miles in more than 8 years? Got other bikes?

BTW, what year does the XX come with LCD? I saw this one still got the analog gauge?

Does the 2000 XX have engine temp display?

This is a nice bike with super-low mileage! However, by sitting for more than 8 years, it will definitely need a new set of tires and clutch/brake hoses at the minimum. How do the chain/sprockets look? Wonder if the O-ring in the chain dries out over time too?

Did it get the recall done? I believe it was something about a defective wire hardness of the 1999-2000 model XX?

However, by sitting for more than 8 years, it will definitely need a new set of tires and clutch/brake hoses at the minimum. How do the chain/sprockets look? Wonder if the O-ring in the chain dries out over time too?

Disagree. That bike was not stored outside in the weather- just look at it! I'd jump on it and ride it across country with those tires and brake hoses- no problem. Just check tire pressures and change brake/clutch fluids. Are you seriously worried about a 786 mile use o-ring chain as well? Your fears and worries are baseless in this case, amigo.

Gorgeous bike, wish you good luck with the sale.

However, by sitting for more than 8 years, it will definitely need a new set of tires and clutch/brake hoses at the minimum. How do the chain/sprockets look? Wonder if the O-ring in the chain dries out over time too?

Disagree. That bike was not stored outside in the weather- just look at it! I'd jump on it and ride it across country with those tires and brake hoses- no problem. Just check tire pressures and change brake/clutch fluids. Are you seriously worried about a 786 mile use o-ring chain as well? Your fears and worries are baseless in this case, amigo.

You obviously don't know much about 'tire shelf life'. Tires have a shelf life of 3 to5 years max and after that, the rubber dried out (internally that you can't see) and hardened.

Just google it or call any tire manufacturer customer support line. Here is a typical link:

http://www.tireguardusa.us/articles/whenTh...eetsTheRoad.php

You obviously don't know much about 'tire shelf life'. Tires have a shelf life of 3 to5 years max and after that, the rubber dried out (internally that you can't see) and hardened.

Just google it or call any tire manufacturer customer support line. Here is a typical link:

http://www.tireguardusa.us/articles/whenTh...eetsTheRoad.php

+1, true it is an exceptionally clean bike with super low miles, but the tires have probably lost their bite........ All should be inspected after such a long storage, but I think the brake lines & chain should be fine.

& new tires should be purchased right away, as a safety pre-caution, theres nothing like buying a bike & dumping it a few miles down the road.

My .02c